Manual for red top sr20det - reassembling engine

Hi Everyone,

I have a redtop SR20DET that was partiallydissassembled. The seller was a friend who guaranteed everything was fine… I have inspected everything and it looks to be in good shape. The cross hatching is all still on the cylinder walls, and everything looks good. My question is as follows:

I have never assembled a dual overhead cam motor, so would like a step by step with things to look out for on this particular motor. I have looked for manuals online, and have come up short. I’ve found them in Chinese, but none in English…

Also have found the 240 SX ones on this site, but none for the red top in English.

I want torque specs, and any additional info to look out for etc…

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

BTW, I have used search but seem to keep ending up in the same spots… with the same manuals that either are not in English or not for the red top.

Hey,do you have a 74 celica ?are you plannint to put a sr20 in it??

Yep, I’ve got two of them. One is getting an sr20det… :slight_smile:

Same here,i’m planning my swap soon,I have a 73 and 76.I already have the motor and tranny.I still have to get some other parts and i m good to go.Where you licated?

Near Cobourg… You? pm me a number and we’ll talk

I m in scarborough.I ll send you my #.

what the fuck, you both have old celicas?

hook me up with one

I wish bro,but there is alot of other people in line.Very hard car to find.

Keith, Send me your email and I’ll email you some pics of the 74’s…

use the s14 sr20det for torque specs

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

use fsm for a s14 sr20det http://www.phase2motortrend.com/nifasemaf.html

Sweet Thanks.