Maple Syrup

Myself and my fiance have our own maple syrup operation. We have 1/2 gallon, quart, and pint sizes for sale. Prices are $27 for 1/2 gallons, $16 for quarts, $9 for pints. I live in Springville and work on Grand Island so you can pick up at either location or I might be able to deliver depending on where exactly you are. If you’ve never had real maple syrup, it blows the fake stuff right out of the water. For those that are curious how this is made, here’s the real quick explanation. In the fall, maple trees start storing energy in the form of sugar in their roots to survive the winter. In spring, the maple sap (with the sugar dissolved in it) begins to run up the tree back into the limbs. A hole is drilled in the tree and a spout is inserted to direct the sap into a bucket for collection. On a good day, a tree will produce about a gallon of sap. The water is then boiled out of the sap to produce maple syrup. It takes about 40 gallons of sap to produce a gallon of syrup. We boil ours down on a 2’x6’ wood fired evaporator that produces about 3/4 of a gallon of syrup an hour. PM me if interested. Thanks!

uggghhhhh real maple syrup is soooo good. do you sell maple sugar too?

My uncle has a pretty big joint in East Aurora.

^Underhill?

Sweet, literally. We buy from a local guy (Springville) and ship it our distributors around the country at Christmas time. We didn’t do it last year because of the economy, if we do it this year I will let you know. People that live in states that don’t have maple trees love this stuff like it comes from another planet.lol

mmmmm real maple syrup is so good!

Pm’ed :slight_smile:

i will need to pick some of this up and am only one town over

yes

Do you make maple candy too?

We can make maple candy to order (the granular kind that’s shaped like maple leaves, not the hard candy like suckers).
PM if you want some. I’ll wait a bit to see what orders look like so we can do one big batch.

all take both. how long will the syrup last? id wanna get a 1/2 gallon and alot of maple leaf stuff, its awesome in my coffee

BUMP!!