Marina Fire today, was there, got pics and HD video

A boat caught on fire at the gas dock, and the 2 on it jumped off well before it was that bad, then it drifted into the docks and burned 2 other boats. Here are pics, short and rough HD video uploaded, better longer one uploading…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fByuPRxhCw

I saw the smoke from teh 190…I would be so fucking pissed if i was one of the boats that was docked.

you’re doing it wrong

That is one hot boat.

That sucks… insurance claim!!!

That’s unpossible.
Boats are in water, they can’t catch on fire.

smoooooke on the watterrrrrr

fire in the sky

That has to be a shitty feeling. Being surrounded by water, and not being able to put out a fire. Ugh.

Any idea what started it?

I would think guy was getting fuel with the motor off. Gas vapor got into the engine hatch and guy didn’t turn on his blowers before starting motor. he started it and up it went.

That will buff out

Wow, what a bunch of morons. At least drop anchor or run it aground

That’s probably exactly what happened, as we were walking to my boat, that boat was at the gas dock getting fueled up. Next thing I know I see it between the gas dock and my dock (B dock) and the 2 guys on it swimming for the gas dock, and getting pulled out by the gas dock employees, it took at least 30 seconds for it to drift into the other boats, and another couple minutes for flames to start coming out of it. I know hindsight is 20-20 but I have a fire extinguisher on my boat and know how to use it (and it’s a SAILBOAT) One thing I would never do is put other boats in danger, with the wind blowing the way it was just point it toward the rocks and THEN jump off.

BTW, short video is up, I have a longer one uploading.

noobie boater

free boat

Agreed.

“Wait! Turning the blowers on is important?!” :ham:

tried to eat at dougs dive today and it was jammed packed with fire trucks, well at least 5 and i was thinking the same thing. if your in the water how could you possibly let your boat go up in flames like that?

Uhhh, yeah… Good luck SPLASHING OUT a fire fueled by gasoline, vapors, oils, epoxies, carpets, cushions, rubbers, plastics, and whatever is on board.

SPLASH HARDER BRO!

Hmmmm, so that 5 minutes of blower time really is crucial.

I uploaded a better one, that took some time. I just bought this cheap HD camera hours before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fByuPRxhCw

Diesel ftw