Mark's Track Day! Oct 14th (Dunnville Autodrome)

Paid:

1. Bog / Lith (S14)
  2. Andrew (Subaru WRX)
  3. Timo (Skyline GTR)
  4. Roger / Sr20 (S13)
  5. Dan (RX8.)
  6. Fred (AE86)
  7. Fraser (STI)
  8. Lenny (STI)
  9. Norm (STI)
  10. Salko (Integra)
  11. Alan (STI)
  12. Joe / Zagatto (Corolla)
  13. JamesS (S14)
  14. Jeff Beech (Legacy)
  15. Richard Song (Impreza STI)
  16. Phil Soper (WRX)
  17. Jim (RX7)
  18. Ian (RX7)
  19. Richard / Roast (S13)
  20. Eric Dugas (S2000)
  21. Nikola Rank (RX7)
  22. Nathan / Bignate (GTR)
  23. Craig Daley (323)
  24. Steve Grannell (G35)
  25. Frank (2.5 RS)

Interested:

1. Zeeshan (turbozee)
  2. Dustin (Hurricane)
  3. Mike (240 420)
  4. George (AE86)
  5. Mael (Oni Kyan)
  6. Calvin (Miata)
  7. Henry (350z)
  8. Maxgohan (Some guy who loves Dragon ball)
  9. Paven (M3)
  10. multisynclg
  11. JDM-Imports (GTR)
  12. Andrei (S13)
  13. Matty
  14. Veloz S14
  15. DarkForceJackal (S13 KA-T, not sure yet)
  16. PureEuroM3(GTS-T)
  17. kollo(s13)

i have a muffler

dustin :slight_smile: (Hurricane)

I ‘sort of’ have it on video, but its really just a video of both of us in the car and then afterwards me going “dude you just hit 200” and he goes “i know!!”

or something like that…

i guess dustin probably has one of the faster straight line cars that come out… with the possible exception of jim when he’s at 407whp or whatever-the-hell…

Naw Jim says he detuned to my levels 340-350ish cause on the straights were in basically a dead heat…sry to say but I’d have to go with the cops radar versus flaky 1990 speedos like 5-10% off isn’t uncommon.

Fastest car I saw on the stright was the Gallardo which walked me but its 520hp and geared for that shit.

sorry let me clarify, i didnt mean that jim was faster

i was saying that with 407whp jim should be faster… but if hes tuned closer to 350 then i wouldnt be surprised if dustin pulls hard on him on a straight.

not sure what kind of power dustin makes…

hes sr20 @ 16psi on a gt3076, full race mani, powerfc tuned

speaking of powerfc, could always just check his logs to see how fast he was actually going… im sure he saved them.

i just know i looked over and the needle had hit the bottom of the cluster so it couldnt move any further… it only actually goes up to 180. haha

something else i just thought of is that dustin has 245/50/16 on his rear which is 4% larger than stock. which means at approx 200 his speedo is actually reading about 8km/h slow assuming it was dead accurate

but if its 5% off even with stock sizes, that pretty much compensates.

I would definitely look at the logs as opposed to glancing at the speedo as I said earlier the speedo do go off.

As for the popo with the radar; they were pointing near the mid-way point on the long straight with the gun so obviously some drivers got faster past the 1/2 way. I know because I stood next to them as they clocked many of the cars and the FD I know was hitting near 140ish around/before the mid-way :o

Meh…

So it could be 180.1? John John John.

Check the logs 200kmh+ is pretty friggin fast in that stretch.

Correction:
The FD was hitting in the 167 range while most others were in the 140 range.

You probably aren’t familiar with the s13 speed layout which is why you may have misunderstood what I meant - my bad I should have been more clear heh.

here is a quick chop to show you what i mean:

Yo jon how do we know it didn’t rotate around twice and you weren’t doing 400km/h?

Check those logs yo! 200kmh on that stretch is hella fast…I would love to get there but I can’t and therefore I must issue a BS flag. :slight_smile:

no man it was around MINIMUM 2 times. We were closer to 600km/h I’m thinking.

I’ll definitely suggest to dustin that he finds his logs for the day… he gets back from Cuba saturday evening so we gotta wait :x

If you want to hit 200 kph in the straights at dunnville you need to put very small tires on without adjusting the speedo… :slight_smile:

Seriously though, Even if you can hit 200 kph, it doesnt mean that its the fastest way around dunnville…If you hit 200, you need to hit the brakes hard just before yuou enter turn 1. Throwing that kinda momentum forward while entering a high speed corner is no fun…unless your in my civc!!!

I found it faster to let off a little early on the gas and be smoother with the brakeing and weight transfer seting you up better for turn 2.

Dont belive me?? watch how fast Jim leaves corner 2. Its from the set up in turn 1.

It’s true. Braking hard at the very end will make your car very unbalanced unless you’re really careful with letting off the brakes slowly.

I usually brake a bit earlier and I noticed that I can enter the corner a lot smoother.

thats why i always got sideways

i would brake last minute and a bit hard and forcing more weight to the front and then accelerating too fast. having a diff just made me get more sideways and etc.

thats also why i had to retuck my hareness twice during the day lol

yea i went totally sideways onto the outer bump strips twice coming into that corner too fast. I was definetly braking too late. If i wasn’t sporting 4wd im sure i would have been off-roading.

btw since there is an esso gas station not to far from the track…how do you guys take your cars??? full tank of gas?? 3/4 or 1/2??

since its my 1st time i dont know but im thinking around the 3/4 gas tank, full tank will make my low HP ae86 slow but the extra weight at the back might be usefull for extra traction on the rear…what would you veterans recomend??

Both times I went to Dunnville I gassed up prior to leaving Waterloo. That left me enough gas to drive to the track, do 150km of lapping and drive back to Waterloo before I needed to fill my tank again.

For me, the convenience of not having to leave the track or worry about how much gas I have outweighs the minor improvement in accelleration I would gain from having less fuel in the car. With my car, I know that there is no chance I am going to pull away from anyone in the straights.

9 spots left.

Paid:

1. Bog / Lith (S14)
  2. Andrew (Subaru WRX)
  3. Timo (Skyline GTR)
  4. Roger / Sr20 (S13)
  5. Dan (RX8.)
  6. Fred (AE86)
  7. Fraser (STI)
  8. Lenny (STI)
  9. Norm (STI)
  10. Salko (Integra)
  11. Alan (STI)
  12. Joe / Zagatto (Corolla)
  13. JamesS (S14)
  14. Jeff Beech (Legacy)
  15. Richard Song (Impreza STI)
  16. Phil Soper (WRX)
  17. Jim (RX7)
  18. Ian (RX7)
  19. Richard / Roast (S13)
  20. Eric Dugas (S2000)
  21. Nikola Rank (RX7)
  22. Nathan / Bignate (GTR)
  23. Craig Daley (323)
  24. Steve Grannell (G35)
  25. Frank (2.5 RS)
  26. Andrei (S13)

Interested:

1. Dustin (Hurricane)
  2. Mike (240 420)
  3. George (AE86)
  4. Mael (Oni Kyan)
  5. Calvin (Miata)
  6. Henry (350z)
  7. Maxgohan (Some guy who loves Dragon ball)
  8. Paven (M3)
  9. multisynclg
  10. JDM-Imports (GTR)
  11. Matty
  12. Veloz S14
  13. DarkForceJackal (S13 KA-T, not sure yet)
  14. PureEuroM3(GTS-T)
  15. kollo(s13)

i see, well the ae86 can do sorta 400 kms on a tank, dont really know how much my tank can take but everytime it gets in yellow light i fill up 34-37 littres so i guess my tank is 40 litre tank, but since my TPS is broken (giving bad reading and having my car run like shit so i disconnected it) i do about 330 kms on a tank LOL, man it sux…

so yea i definitly refilling at esso and bringing a 10-20L can of gas with me for just in case.