matchbox collection worth 500K quid...

…PJB you have something to look forward to in life now!

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00536/SNN2327MCN_682_536756a.jpg

and because its not very interesting, a link to the short article

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1457782.ece

Mine are mainly Hot Wheels and not that old although I do have a few older Matchboxes that were my uncle’s or I bought. None are new in the box like those.

Most of my Hot Wheels are new in the packages and range from the early '90’s to present although Ive got a handful of older ones in the packages and all of mine from when I was a kid in the '80’s. I never got rid of any.

i smashed mine with rocks, hammers, or the vise in my garage when i was a kid. although i do still have a red mk2 GTI matchbox car for whatever reason

Yeah, you showed me that one.
Ive got two of those. So many people used to buy me cars as a kid that I ended up with doubles or triples of quite a few.

I only smashed a few as a kid and those were really in bad shape or they werent mine.

Do you have a Dale Earnhardt one?

i do! its the olymipc version!!!

I think Ive got an old Wrangler stock car and a black Lumina. Both were played with as a kid.
I dont really collect Nascar cars though.

i have model cars that GM dealerships were given when they came out with a new model or new color. All car are in boxes and are still wrapped in tissue paper. they are all late 70s early 80s cars. Mostly Corvettes and El caminos

look pjb, a potential friend!

HELLL NOOO

any '78-'80 Monte Carlo’s?

Actually yeh a few of them in like 3 or 4 different colors.

All the cars are plastic tho.

Yeah, I know which cars youre talking about. Ive just always liked those Monte Carlo’s. I remember my great grandmother having a brown one (real) when I was a kid.

Yeh my grand father was a part manager at depaula chevy from like 65-82

Cool

The only hotwheel I still have is of a Delorean still in the package.

I actually have that grey rolls in that first pic, not in nearly as nice shape. I have all of my Dad’s old Matchbox cars. I have also have 2 versions of my 300zx. I still will buy them if one catches my attention, like the treasure hunt cars.

If my dad had any my grandmother got rid of them like the rest of his stuff. I do have one army Jeep that was in with his old train set (the only thing she did save) but its not a Matchbox.

Just got an R32 GT-R for Christmas. I will start the bidding at $50.

Ive already got atleast 3 of those including one Treasure Hunt.