Matchbox/Hotwheels price guides

So when I was younger, I used to collect Matchbox and Hotwheels cars, and kept a fair number of them in the packages. I think I have roughly 5-8 size 13 shoe boxes full at the moment, and am looking to downsize in the near future, as they have just sat in the closet for the better part of the last 8 years. I was wondering if anyone else was into them, and could provide me some good places to see what they are worth. I know I will probably just sell them as a lot, but would like to know if any of them are worth anything more than a couple bucks. Most are from the mid to late 90’s, so not really thinking I have all that many of value, but I was keen on trying to get the variations in some of the styles (wheel changes, color changes, etc.)

when i was about 8-10 i sold my colection of 100 cars all outa pacakge for $3 each. and that was 14 years ago

you need a Tomarts guide I sold my collection on 2000 and bought a real car. I collected the whole way back to 68

I sold a couple hundred 90’s cars still on the cards for about $1 each back in 2002, pretty much the going rate for 90’s cars on ebay at the time.

If you dont have the treasure hunt cars or 1960’s ones,you dont have anything worth selling yet .

I sold all of mine from 2000/2001 still in boxes at our garage sales. They were always the most popular item and ALWAYS sold. I kept one which is a Ferrari upside down in the package.

Rookie…me and my cousin prob have over 20,000 total haha

but like Jon said if you dont have any T hunts or redlines or anything semi rare, you will be lucky to get 50-75 cents per car. Or $1 a piece at a garage sale.

If you wanna sell the whole lot pm me!

Yeah, i figured if I could atleast get $1 a piece that would be fine.

I would consider selling them all as one lot. I am working on putting together a list of the cars right now, but since that might take a bit, i will be grabbing pictures of them all tomorrow. All were basically bought, then put directly into the shoe boxes. I also have a bunch of loose cars as well, but at the moment I will probably be keeping those.

Is there a place I can find out what are the rare ones per year?

Dont forget specialty cars…I had every FAO Schwartz set…stuff like Van dee Kamp bus ect