Maxima DOHC Vs. Infiniti J30T

I love them…I had a 91 with the SOHC motor…the DOHC is way better…the car is light agile and independant rear suspension…if ur thinking of buying one DOOOOOOO IT…if u want someone to go with u and check it out i know these things reallllllly well[/QUOTE]

See, I’m torn between 94 infiniti J30T or the Max DOHC. I’m thinking more towards the Maxima. The only reason I’m taking on one of this cars is because I’ll be receiving them from my aunt. This is not need for winter I drive an Envoy. This would be for resale or for fun on road-course.thanks for the response. I’ll let you know tonight what one get.[/QUOTE]

i would do maxima…5SPD YO…nit as big as the j30…j30 isheavy and under powered using the 300zx NA motor at 222 hp…maxima would be 190 but significantly lighter…[/QUOTE]

What is your view?

i would have to agree. i’ve driven the few J30’s and they don’t move very good and the ones i’ve drive drive like boats (high mile suspention)

also have to factor cost of aftermarket parts and repairs. obviously the maxima is cheapier.

So you’re being given a car and you have your choice of one or the other? It’s only going to be a project/auto-x car?

u have my vote…eospcically if its a fun car…more aftermarket for the Maxima…i know a good guy whow makes custom suspension ish for 89-94 (3rd gen) Maximas

Cheaper is better.

Not sure one or the other

u know u want to join the Maxima crew…MAXIMA.ORG FTW

maxima, the j30 isnt worth the money compared to the max

my ex had a j30t and it was a pretty sweet car. i wanted to swap a deTT, keep it automatic and have a nice decently quick cruiser. plus, i think they are hot.

If the J30 came with a stick it would be something to consider.

J30s are pretty cool, can’t beat RWD…

get the Maxima

So you’re choosing between a FWD stick and a RWD auto?

yes…J30 heavy boat…Maxima decently light fun to drive…

It’s called a criple fight.

the only good thing about j30’s is u can steal their diff for a vlsd swap into a 240sx :slight_smile:

lol, you don’t sound biased at all.

maxima’s aren’t light at all and j30’s are fun to drive.

3rd gen maximas are about 3000 lbs…that pretty light for a sedan…and J30s are close to 3600 lbs 5sp maximas are more to drive than J30s…of course i am going to biased I have owned 3 maximas and prolly will own another…I have driven J30s they are nice and comfy…but if he keeps it and turns it into an Auto-x car Maxima will be better

I don’t want to hear any more of your “I drive a big boat at auto-x” then, STEvos weigh more than your car. Hell, new GTIs weigh more too. :rofl:

yea they also have 110 more hp and AWD …it makes a difference…and I dont complain…i have a blast…besides i dont have a 3rd gen i have a 4th gen…they weigh more…not to mention its my DD not a completely dedicated track car :slight_smile:

anybody wants to buy my friend’s 95 J30t ?