Mazda Made Turbo Proteges????

:wtf:

Is this legit?

I know they made Mazdaspeed versions…such as this one. But i didn’t think that they were turbo’ed.

I don’t see anything in the pics (especially the engine bay, that would say its turbo)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-Protege-TURBO-2-0-TURBO-17-SIMULAR-TO-WRX-EVO-RX7-LOW-PRICE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6326QQitemZ4598418777QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

yes the mazda speeds were turbo

edit: this is one of the only newer cars that i really like. they are hard as hell to find.

DAMN IT.

Are they decent? Reliable?

Please tell me no.

170hp/160tq. meh :tif:

THEY ARE SO HOT.

BASIL RESALE HAD A YELLOW ONE FOR A WHILE.

iirc the ealership in Cuse is the only one on the state that is “mazdaspeed” they will sell you and install a warrantied kit for an existing mazda, or locate a mazdaspeed package for you from another mazdaspeed dealer if they dont have what you want in stock. might want to call out there to get the info

I drove one a few years ago. They’re a lot of fun. :slight_smile:

Oh wow.
I forgot all about those. I wanted one when they first came out.

Yes, they are awesome

mazdaspeed just did the 6 in a turbo 2.3 duratec…230hp and 6speed i think, Teh HoTTness

AWD too. Its a bad ass car but i would still prefer them making an AWD mazda 3 hatch.

yea i almost bought a mazdaspeed protege when they came out. nice cars. think of the handling of an mp3 but with some more power with the addition of the turbo. :tup:

The Mazdaspeed protege got great ratings on it suspension and overall handling abilities. So don’t let the low hp #'s and such sway your decision. I bet I still have the road and track issue with this car in it.

werd, the handling was similar to an itr from what i have read. either turn up the boost, or slap a disco potato on it and you have a fun car.

i remember watching an episode of car and driver taking an orange one thru some twisties…they said very good stuff about it…besides its lack of a nut sac

why do they call turbos “disco potato’s”

It was named after the Silvia it was originally put on for testing, they called the car the disco potato because of the retarded paint job, then passed the name down to the 28RS.

its not turbos in general
it is a very specific turbo… thats some how perfect for every turbo 4 cylinder street car.

gt28rs <3

omg i didnt know the MS6 was AWD, i might be looking into this :snky:

it’s also closer to 280 horse than 230 :smiley:

Mazda quotes it at 274hp. Evo competition? Just kidding.

i mixed it up with another car i was looking at, my bad.