Mazdaspeed Atenza, Coupe and Cabriolet

http://www.7tune.com/mazdaspeed-atenza-coupe-and-cabriolet/

http://www.7tune.com/newtune/justin/evoxmr/mazda_6_mazdaspeed_atenza_2.jpg

With the Atenza (Mazda 6) sedan and wagon variants failing to appeal to the Japanese domestic market, Mazda has come up with two new models to add to the Antenza line up including a new Coupe and a Cabriolet, as well as a new high performance model which - in Japan at least - will continue to be called the Mazdaspeed Atenza. Both new models will be based on the sedan chassis and Mazda hopes to achieve build quality on par with the BMW 3 Series models. The whole Atenza line up will mimic the BMW 3 Series range with both companies offering sedan, wagon, cabriolet, coupe and high performance models. Mazda will also produce a high performance Demio (Mazda 2) to address the demand in Europe for a more powerful version, although whether it will be marketed as a proper Mazdaspeed model is yet to be decided.

Not a fan of the convertible, but i do like the coupe, at least more than the regular sedan! still would have been better making a coupe with the older style 6 IMO.

wonder if these will make there way to the US.

coupe looks good! If they keep the 270hp v6 in there it should scoot!

ew

Hey at least they are trying! Almost reminds me of a cobalt side profile for some reason.

exactly what I thought

only difference is, its not a cobalt. lol i see what your saying, im still not a big fan of the new 6’s anyways, but its much better than the sedan!

edit:

i don’t mind the coupe

Its not horrible like all the other smiley face cars they are putting out right now.

I don’t mind it…

Wow and I thought my Miata was gay, that Cabriolet has me beat by miles. But I am all for them Mazdaspeed-ing anything they want!

id just be happy to have the power of a mazdaspeed 6 in a coupe instead of a sedan! less weight more performance.

Same cars:

(not re-sizing it either :slight_smile: )

yeah, that cobalt looks fuggly with those fenders. also the front bumper i actually do like more on the mazda. not to mention the horrid spoiler on the cobalt, id like the stock 6 spoiler they have posted in the very first post.

I like the coupe. It would look 2784628 times better if it wasn’t yellow.