McKnight Road to Crafton

Google says 25 minutes driving. I would be commuting to work to be there by 7am and leave there at 4:30…

Google has me going this way-

1. Head southeast on McKnight Rd/US-19-TRUCK S toward Johanna Dr 3.7 mi
    7 mins
  2. Merge onto I-279 S via the ramp to Pittsburgh 10.2 mi
    13 mins
  3. Take exit 1A for I-79 toward Erie/Washington 0.3 mi
  4. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-79 N/Erie and merge onto I-79 N 1.9 mi
    2 mins
  5. Take exit 60A for PA-60 toward Crafton/Moon Run 0.3 mi
  6. Turn right at PA-60 S/Steubenville Pike 0.1 mi
  7. Turn left at Lorish Rd 305 ft
  8. Turn right at Beecham Dr 0.2 mi
  9. Turn right at Bilmar Dr 371 ft

What do you think? ? ?
Its for a job pay is 50 cents lower than what I want- BUT I don’t pay for parking, I get benefits for 32.00/paycheck, I get 5 wks vacation a year paid, and 401k.

I would probably take back roads over to Mt Nebo, jump on 79 and then get off at the Crafton exit.

Do you think that would be quicker? Also do you think that time is accurate for those hours?

5 weeks paid vacation! Go for it!

Ha! Iknow that sounds nice… I like the benefits end of it more. Plus they offer tuition reimbursement.

quicker and easier, you bypass dealing with downtown traffic. I am guessing it would take you about 20-25 minutes to get to work.

Nice.

Ft. Duquense bridge can be a major pain in the ass during rush hour. That could slow you down sometimes. Also, 79 from Wexford to Neville Island bridge is starting a MAJOR rebuild project next week. For the next two summers, this stretch of 79 will suck. Mt. Nebo exit is right smack in the middle of it.

Shiiiiiit.
That rocks. I had to push for 2 when I started at my current job. They wanted to give me 1, I said that wasn’t going to fly.

5 weeks is basically 10% of the year.

youll be real close to me!

It WAS looking like a great job.

You could also go across the west end bridge and go up Steuben street…Bilmar is about 15 mins from the West end bridge(i have a customer on Bilmar). NIce thing about that route is that all the traffic in going the other direction.

yep. up 3 degree and down sewickley oakmont and then hit rochester to get on mt nebo exit of 79

I’d sure as hell take it.

$20/week less than I want > $100/week parking.

And, I’d come across the McKees Rocks Bridge, and over the Rocks.

i’d try parkway south to West End Bridge, then up Steuben street.

exactly

i suggested against working in crafton if at all possible