MCSA / MCSE guides

hey guys

I ADMIT IM A NERD

its come time in my nerd career to begin studying and preparing for MCSE / MCSA. i’ll probably be getting my MCSA first, and I’ll be starting with the easiest tests firsts… i.e. comptia network+ / security+ / server+ … to get my electives out of the way. then come the big tests

i was wondering if anyone had old copies of guides, or maybe even CBTnugget files or anything like that. online copies of things… anything people have used to prepare for their own certs that i could get my hands on. my company is going to pay for the tests, but i have to pass them first.

any help from any juan?

thanks

ps- this is probably for 2000, then eventually ill pay a little more and upgrade to 2003

CCNA = teh win

MSCE - study for it if you don’t know anything about windows networks.

this is what i wanted to talk to you about over aim but you are idle damnit

i have all the tests, or i can get most of them.

tell me what ur gunna take and ill see if i have them.

Net+ and A+ are simple.

I just passed my MCDST tests, winxp, simple also.

We use windows 2k3 server here so thats what i study for.

yea i assume the comptia tests are all pretty easy, i just need 2 to meet the basic electives for the mcse/a tests

and on that note… pm sent

If you want to pass the MCSE tests: www.Cert21.com is your friend, as is www.mcmcse.com. I left all my study guides for the MCSE at my old job. They wouldn’t be helpful anyway now, since they were for the MCSE2000.

I am trying to remember, but I think one of those two sites had exact copies of the real exam questions for the practice questions. :lol: I remember taking the Security Design test after studying from these, didn’t even have to read the case studies, finished in 20 minutes with a 98% score. :lol:

my site is all actual exams also.

work paid for it :slight_smile:

but im not a paper mcse either, i actually like to learn the shit

anyoen have any cissp study guides/ applications?

:word:

sure having the certs will get you into the interview, but if you cant answer the questions or apply the knowledge, what good are you

this topic has been a heated conversation point at work lately

Years of experience > MCSE. The MCSE only tests you on doing things the “Microsoft” way instead of the “real world” way. When I took the exams, I already had the experience. Honestly though, I took the first three exams the “right” way. It was only after the fourth exam (networking infrastructure) that I didn’t pass the first time even with way more prep than the first three exams that I said “F this, I am only taking these stupid exams for a bonus check, I don’t even like this IT shit”. Then I started using the “other” prep tools. So I’m really only a 57% paper MCSE. But I escaped the miserable world of IT, so it really doesn’t matter.

i get a raise for every test i pass, so umm, yeah ill take them

:word: