Mechanic crashes a CGT

My take on the whole thing: There was no engine to stop the pole! (jk)

I’m impressed that they’ve located a replacement already. They stopped making CGT’s and the ones which exist are mostly spoken for already…

Indeed that is one hell of an insurance company. :tup:

he prolly had the lil green lizard on his side… no worries

24 brand new on dealer lots last I checked.

I was going faster than 30 when I lost control, i was maybe going 30 when I went into the tree.

Exactly. If he was really only going 30, and lost it, he should have slowed considerably before hitting the pole if he really was driving responsibly.

And comparing 30 in an autocross, where you are pushing a car to the limit in turns to “responsible” street driving at 30 is a pretty huge stretch, even for our resident pro racer.

But something that no one has brought up.

Fuck this guy and his CGT. If you’re too busy to go pick up your $500000 car and want to trust someone to deliver it you deserve to have it wrecked. I’d be scared to let someone look at it when I wasn’t there, let alone drive it.

^word up with this man. yea, either way, it was an idiot move. poor car though. and LOL at the guy not being aloud to drive exotic cars to the owners anymore

I beg to differ. Take a car, that is a RR setup (which if you’ve ever done an evasive move in, can lose it veryyyy easily if you’re not used to the car. And put someone who is inexperienced with driving that car and have someone pull out in front of them. They will hit the brakes, and turn out of the way. Big problem is, with a MR and RR setup, even at 30mph (I say this because I completely spun the MR2 at autocross from simply lifting off the gas to shift in a light turn at the top of 1st around 30mph, the first time I drove an autocross with it), the back end will want to go out on you.

And as far as there is no way that 30mph into a light pole can do that needs to remember the chick running into the pole at Mighty a few years back. She was maybe going 10-15 MPH and she dominated the front of the car. The Radiator was smashed, and the hood was done too.

Double the speed, and put the impact at a point where there is no engine or other heavy mass to counteract and stop the forces.

Bottom line. A RR or MR setup in the hands of an inexperienced driver of the car, on an evasive manuever even at 30mph can easily lose it and hitting a telephone pole headon at that speed will demo the front of a car, especially one without a motor there to stop the impact.

You do know that he auto-Xed, regularly, for a few years, a Fiero, right?

Then he should know it is easy to lose control if you aren’t used to the car than.

wtf basic

:word:

if i got to drive a cgt on the highway to deliver it to some rich prick you better believe i would rip on it too. how many times in your life would you be able to “borrow” a 500k car without the owner ever seeing how you are driving it. it just sucks for him that he was probobly following to closely and driving like he was the only car on the road.

yeah, im sweet. after reading the how old are you thread it seems most of the people on this forum are too young to even know what that is. damn these noobs and their java shit.

:lol:MR newb here.

And MR’s aren’t that hard to recover when you fuck up. I did it at WAY more than 30… more like 80. Remember this vid?
http://www.valianthost.com/jsears/tmp_bad_turn1.wmv

And at 30mph, MR or RR… I don’t care… you go both feet and and the thing will stop damn quick.