Mechanic to swap turbo on WRX?

Well after eliminating all the other possibilities, the mechanic i go to found that the turbo is shot on my 04 Subaru wrx. Apparently alot of mechanics try to stay away from turbo jobs as their not really familiar with them i’ve been told. Im able to get a used stock turbo with almost no shaft play and no leaks for about 120 shipped from the subaru forums, compared to the 1,000 bucks the mechanic says his catalog shows. So im gonna get that and also a new set of the avcs/oil lines since that was thought to be my original problem since theyre definetly showing their age, and i’ve read their so fragile they will problem be damaged in the swap anyways. Im able to get all that for about 200 bucks.

What I’m looking for is someone to suggest or recommend a mechanic/friend/shop in the area that is familiar with turbo swaps and can take care of this quickly and for a reasonable price. Im almost tempted at going at it myself since ive looked through the tutorials and literally this swap can be done in an hour or two. The turbo sits out so it has very easy access to most of all the bolts. Unfortunetly I work 45+ hours a week and am in college full time so i just dont know if i will have the time to get it done ASAP. Any suggestions will be great. Let me know guys, Thanks.

call us at J and S dyno Matt is a scooby man he will fix you up

Hey this is Jason I own j&s, give me a call we do this shit all the time , 412-596-6803

j&s dyno. They just swapped a stock wrx turbo to an sti turbo last week. The owner is quite happy as he is my friend. They can tune also.

good guys to deal with

Awsome… I’ll be giving you guys a call tomm afternoon. Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

Might have missed your call if you tried, broke my phone had to get a new one if your still interested let me
know

I thought you only broke phones when you have girlfriends that make you destructive

that would be my car.Matt and Jay did a great job and they have great turn around time.I dropped it off wednesday night and i picked it up friday afternoon.They also put a invidia turbo back on my car and installed a walbro 255 fuel pump. Very happy with the results. They do open source tuning too and iv see some good but safe gains on both a stage II wrx and a few stage II STIs.I would highly recommend.

that would be my car.Matt and Jay did a great job and they have great turn around time.I dropped it off wednesday night and i picked it up friday afternoon.They also put a invidia turbo back on my car and installed a walbro 255 fuel pump. Very happy with the results. They do open source tuning too and iv see some good but safe gains on both a stage II wrx and a few stage II STIs.I would highly recommend.