Mechanical Engineer Salary?

My boss is an MET and I’m an MS so I’m not really able to comment on the subject.

Nah i’m not bitching, in fact I am not even a ME, I just work at a company that is all engineers so I am going off of what I see here. I have a MIS degree, live in buffalo, and make enough money that I have nothing to bitch about. :lol:

Just saying in general, especially in buffalo, even more so in engineering, it is very hard to get the outcome everyone going through college thinks they are going to get.

lol - exactly, comes down to the person and experience in all situations - your degree is only a starting point.

With that said, don’t just jump on the 1st opportunity available with out careful research and consideration.

Yea, that wasn’t really targted at you, but more in response to what you were saying.

What the hell are you talking about fool. Atlanta has a 12% higher cost of living. And quality of life is all subjective. I feel I live really well in Buffalo with my salary, and call me crazy but I actually really like it here. I feel pretty guilty about it after finding out what they are paying my colleagues here in Finland to do almost the same job, and their cost of living is higher. BTW, the cost of gasoline here is $8.20/gal.

I know for a fact that I can get in the door of most companies with my MET degree, then you have to prove yourself from there. I work with a bunch of ME’s and MET’s they have simular topics just different ways of learning it. Most companies that don’t hire MET’s a run by old farts that still think MET shitty degree. they just don’t understand that MET’s can be just a capable as ME’s in most aspects.

I am currently talk to companies all of the US for 6 month co-op going up against both MET’s and ME’s alike go figure.

If METs and MEs are so similar, why are there two different programs? There has to be a reason to keep two programs instead of just combining the two and making it the best of both worlds.

read

shhh you’re going to flood the market.
I thought those degrees were baller… now I’m not so sure ? Fake your degree… nobody checks it until they want to fire you anyway.

lol…

Google: Cost of Living Calculator

1st Link - http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/costofliving/costofliving.html

Salary in Atlanta GA:
$100,000
Comparable salary in Buffalo NY:
$108,380.29

If you move from Atlanta GA to Buffalo NY…

Groceries will cost: 14.013% more
Housing will cost: 5.232% less
Utilities will cost: 62.362% more
Transportation will cost: 0.348% less
Healthcare will cost: 10.381% less

According to that, its a higher cost of living in buffalo :shrug:

And you are right, quality of life is subjective, afterall, some people live in Fargo by choice.

I feel worst about the people in the Netherlands having a 50%+ income tax :ouch:

i like the calculator :tup: