Megan Racing oil pressure gauge...

has anyone else hooked this setup up? im curious as to how others have positioned the oil pressure sending unit. If anyone has any info/photos about this issue, please post it here

yea i got one…

sending unit is just to big that it wont fit straight into the block or what not becaues its to tight to the oil filter… you need to get a 90/45’ elbow sorta deal and screw that into the block then screw the sending unit to it.

sorry… not pictures thou. if i get around to pulling the motor anytime soon then i will take a few.

Hey man.

I’ll try and get you a better pic but for now you can at least see that it does in fact fit with no issues.

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/10987Oil_Feed_Line-med.JPG

As you can see the sending unit fits, angled a little and using the right fittings to keep it away from the block.

Hope this helps a little.

Take care.

Easy 8)

I dunno how the Megan sending units look but this is how I did it with my
Autometer gauge:

http://www.son240sx.ca/images/gonad/oilpres.jpg

Hey G

right under the Mani and behind the Throddle Body there are two nipples, one you have a vacume line on and the other nothing. is that how you are running now??? does air not come out of there???

Benson240sx:

:pat:

It’s the same reason there’s a garbage bag in my throttle body and
no sign of the wiring harness anywhere. :ugh:

Can you say ‘unfinished work’? This pic was taken a while ago. I have
my BOV/Wastegate signal off that port now.

Hahahahahahhahahah
O ya, you think since I just did that I would know
hahaha

I am never typing in the morning again, I SWEAR!!!

hehehe, I wish my bay was that clean, meh o well time for pre winter POWER WASH

i did the same thing as g and remote mounted mine using a line cisco made for me.

my friends remember to get a 1/8bspt to 1/8npt adaptor just dont put it in the hole or you will leak oil!

speaking of which i have an extra one if anyone happens to need one.

once this gauge is hooked up, what is a good amount of pressure to be running in the sr20det engine?

Here’s how I average:

25-27psi @idle (800-1000rpm)
63psi @ 2000rpm cruise
75-90psi @ 3000-6500rpm

Here’s how I average:

25-27psi @idle (800-1000rpm)
63psi @ 2000rpm cruise
75-90psi @ 3000-6500rpm[/quote]

I’m about the same… 20-25psi @ idle… 55-60psi @ cruise and 75-95 @ WOT

about 80psi average on cold start up

ive heard alot of people say the megan gauges read inaccurately and the readings differ from one gauge to another.

Hence why I stick with Autometer. Cheap, reliable, and has a reputation to hold.

Hence why I stick with Autometer. Cheap, reliable, and has a reputation to hold.[/quote]

Autometer = Mechanical…

Megan = Electric…

Hence why the Autometer is more accurate.

and yes my Megan Gauge will read “inaccurate” every now and then… but usually just when the motor is cold and the oil isnt up to temp yet… one day you may see 50psi @ cruise… next may say 55psi or 60psi but its never off by more then 10psi

all I care about is that I have pressure… so it does its job just fine :wink:

:ugh: Did you look at the pic I posted?

All my guages (minus the boost/vac) are electric. :o

^^^ actually no… haha

I just assumed… so i guess their right and assumptions are the mother of all fuc-ups

But my answer was based on the fact I was under the impression that auto-meter only had a mech oil-pressure gauge and did not offer an electric one “never looked into it”

AND

I forgot to add this before… Megan suggests that you Ground the Sending unit because without a proper Ground the Unit may not Send a signal to the gauge… (I never did this) but I still get a reading…

So I was wondering if perhaps because the Sending Unit itself was not grounded and only the Gauge was… perhaps its the cause for my “inaccruate” readings @ times…