megasquirt programmable efi

Hey guys. Jared asked me to keep up on my efi project. Car is an 83 Celica with a 2.4 litre turbo motor, 5 speed and rear wheel drive. Sound familiar? We have a lot in common so I hope you will read this with an open mind.
Megasquirt (ms) kit arrived within 3 weeks of ordering, not bad considering regular mail over Christmas! Additional parts (case & components) needed to be sourced separately and were even faster to arrive. Within a week of acquiring everything I had the unit assembled, tested and a baseline config installed! I now have some decisions to make. The unit is capable of ignition control with some minor mods, I can go no further until I decide how my spark will be controlled.
So far, ms is everything it was promised to be. Total investment so far is ~$4oo Can. This includes an ecu, a test board (stimulator), and a display module that scrolls engine parameters in real time! The display also allows access to fine tune the ecu.
Stay tuned for install updates, Bob

Sound good Bob, hope to see it in person.

Keep us updated.

Aaron

Herd lots about it. My friend Steve is running megasquirt on his 3SGTE. Lots of cool stuff I hear like launch control, traction control, water inj, nos. I really like to hear people building there own ECM and getting thereViear to do what they want. Sounds awsome man. If you have any pictures you should post them. If this makes no sence its cuz imdrunk.HAHA

Now that’s a very reasonable price.
Jared

Hey guys, I should be able to attend this Sunday’s meeting with my MS setup. It isn’t quite the same as a running car, but with the stimulator hooked up you can move the parameters around on the computer screen. I will also have the display module, though I’m not sure I can use it with some of the mods I’m considering.

See you then, Bob