Member's rides section?

the e30 forum has a “members rides” section where people do just that. Post pics of their cars. When we have it in general auto, it fits, I just think it would be cool to have a spot that contained only people posting pics of their cars.

I like it :tup:

Like a thread that is a sticky?

sections > stickies

So like a members rides section and use it for like builds or random shoots of your car and such? Then have a sticky that is pics of members rides? How about a members rides sticky in autos? Maybe see how that goes and then consider a section? I could deff get down with this.

I’m fairly certain josh/mike/bing are working on a ‘garage’ section.

i could be off base though.

a garage section would be cooler, something with a direct link from one’s profile.

We actually have a Gallery right now where you can create a folder and put in pictures of your car; Click the community tab, then click pictures & albums.

There are a few pictures in there right now. It’s just up to people to actually use it.

We’re still working on a lot of things here, but if you want to start using it we’ll draw more attention to it and make the link to it easier to get to :tup:

should def be a link under a persons name, as well as maybe a lil number indicating how many pics are in there…

If you get your own thread dedicated to your car, then you can post mod updates and stories and stuff though. Just a thought.

That’s what we figured most people would prefer to do since it would draw more attention, thus the builds section.

We had a gallery not to long ago here but very few people used it and it eventually died out. It seems most people don’t care about it unless it shows up under ‘new posts.’

I think it just needs to be more accessible…

Like sometimes when i’m browsin i just wanna see someones car, not search.

I see where you’re coming from…but let me throw out an example, and see where you think this would fit.

cougarspeed’s M5 thread

I don’t really think of it as a build. He has the initial pictures, a bunch of car show/meet up stuff, and updates when he does maintenance/mods. I don’t really think that would count as a ‘build’. For now they just stay in the ‘autos’ section, right? It would be nice if that could be fleshed out into its own section.

I know I want to start one for my new ride(once I can get decent pictures)

also

the builds section seems to be housing some other misc DIY projects. I would think a ‘Fabrication’ section would be better suited for those types of discussions. There is a lot of welding talk and plenty of people building one-off stuff that it seems warranted.

It’s up to the person making the thread. If they just want to share a few pics, post it in ‘Autos.’ If they want to keep a running thread about their car and plan to make constant updates to it, regardless if they’re doing a newman-style build, post it in ‘Builds.’

The ‘Builds’ section encompasses fabrication. You might not be building a whole car, maybe just a manifold like turbociv, but it’s still relevant.

There will always be threads that have a gray area and we understand that. People can put those threads where it makes the most sense for them. But we can’t keep creating endless new forums to accommodate every specific type of post.

ok, cool

thanks for explaining. I hope you know that I am not being a PITA, just trying to toss out some helpful suggestions for consideration.

This.

We had that gallery for a while. It was rarely used (achm probably because the default skin didn’t have the ability to have it on the front page achm)

I will look into adding this feature.