Metallica - Death Magnetic

Don’t judge the album based on My Apocolypse and Cyanide, they are easily the weakest…

I have been rocking out to the full thing since yesterday… and Metallica have finally redeemed them selves!!!.. makes up for load, reload and st anger.

Discuss.

I heard the song that was released that they’ve been playing on Sirius. It reminded me of Nothing Else Matters but not as good. I guess I’ll reserve judgement until I hear the whole thing, but my expectations are unfortunately low.

I’m going to trust you though and check it out.

Here’s the first song from the album… hurry up and listen to it before youtube pulls it…

This song had goosebumps running up my arm as the intro played.

ahhh gone

im a douchebag because i like load and reload not so much st anger.

I thought the CD didnt come out til next week ?

they need to take off 20 years…

It doesnt… but thanks to the magical invention of the internet :smiley:

they did… It’s called Load, Reload and St Anger.

metallica fucking blows.

re load wasnt bad st anger had a different sound but still liked it. cant wait to hear the new one

ive heard 3 songs so far. def the best thing since the black album, but by no means spectacular. ill always be a big metallica fan, but ive come to realize that they dont dominate anymore and never will again. the new Slipknot, however, is fantastic and i dont think metallicas new cd will even come close to that. thats fine by me though, because i no longer expect them to put out an album that will be untouchable.

metallica was alright before the black album, then they got horrible.

it’s not just their music, it’s their attitude like everyone owes then something that really makes then a shitty band.

heard a few more songs. its def not anything close to the first 4 albums. id put it somewhere near the black album though, from what ive heard. i’ll have to wait til i hear the whole thing and then listen for awhile before i make such a statement. i dont like Hetfields voice anymore. its like he thinks hes a great singer and tries to use this range that he doesnt have. the guitars sound incredible though and in general, the songs seem well written. alot of levels etc to the songs. solos are pretty sick, but Hammett is the man, so that is to be expected.

x2 That ship sailed after …And Justice.

Lars is a shit drummer…period. Kirk is struggling to regain his chops…should never have let Freidman loose… Hetfield is one of the WORST singers metal has ever seen, and that speaks volumes.

i know i will playing the shit out of these songs on GH3…:greddy2:

lars is a bigger homo than darkstar!

x infinity

i liked the black album a lot. it was great, they lost a lot of the thrash metal sound and it was still awesome

i will always live for ride the lightning and kill em all. i could headbang to that shit all day long

:hsugh:

and he’s lamer than your attempts at comedy.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Not only that, but those faggots killed Napster…:madfawk: