Michael Vick in trouble (or The Misadventures of Ron Mexico)

no, I took your quote from it because I figured since you quoted it, it was a significant point.

I listen to rap. I listen to hip-hop. A lot. and I can tell you aside from DMX’s minor visual references - his lyrical content has nothing significant regarding actual dogs as “dogs” is a reference to one’s people…I can indefinitely state with a clear conscious there is no glorification of dog fighting in hip-hop music. It’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a minute. Drugs, sex and violence, sure…but dog fighting…no.

It will be interesting to see what culture is more prevalent in this show tonight, rednecks hicks or hip hop gangsters:
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/paula.zahn.now/

The crux of the matter is this, and I hate to break it to you animal lovers: This case isn’t about the dogfighting.

Dogs are property in this country. People can do whatever they want with their property. Now granted, I personally feel a bit disturbed (maybe not as shocked and disgusted as some others out there) about dogfighting. Then again, I’m disturbed by the amount of animals KILLED (i.e. euthanized) for whatever “reason” in this country, the animals that have their nuts chopped off and there other private parts “whatevered” :bloated: All that shit is disturbing. I probably should have feelings for cows and chickens too, but I love me some steak and drumsticks on the BBQ so :shrug: . But that is my problem with all you PETA/Pet lovers. Don’t tell me how much you hate dogfighting, when you just sent Rover to the vet to get his manhood snatched. That’s some hypocritical shit right there.

The feds don’t give a rats ass about dogs. However, the feds definitely care about you bitches giving them their money (taxes). This is about illegal gambling across inter-state lines, with possible failure to PAY TAXES on said income.

If money wasn’t involved, this case would have fizzled and died months ago, and we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Anyone who thinks for a second the federal government actually gives a damn about “Fufu” is smoking crack.

I got an Apple Emplanada that says the rednecks will be the majority. No self respecting “hip-hop gangsta” watches annoying ass Paula Zahn, or that other dumb over-reacting bitch on Court TV. Whatever her name is.

And in other news, Ronny Mexico is that much closer to the fire. One of his boys copped a plea.

Say goodnight Gracie…

Well, I’m too gangsta to watch Paula Zahn as well, so someone’s gonna have to watch it online and let us know who was doing the dogfighting. I nominate Rick, since he knows what an Apple Empanada is, something I had to look up on google. That <> gangsta at all. :lol:

As for it not being about dogfighting, :bsflag:.

Regardless of animals being property, they are protected against cruel treatment. You can try and argue all you want that having a dog neutered is just as bad as electrocuting it, or picking it up and slamming it on the ground until it’s dead, but you’re going to be very loney arguing that one from the corner.

The fact is a lot of people in this country have dogs as pets, and those pets become part of their family. Because of that certain things are simply not acceptible in this society, and dogfighting is one of them. All you have to do is look at the amount of public outrage and it’s clear the public is behind these prosecutions.

And :tup: to his boy rolling on him. I hope old judge dred gives him the max.

every state and animal cruelty laws, this falls under federal jurisdiction since animal fights are federally illegal

read this as well

http://www.nabr.org/AnimalLaw/AWA/AWASummary.htm

See, and this is why you can’t link dogfighting to hip-hop. If any of those guys were influenced by hip hop they would know that they need to

http://stopstopstopsnitching.com/images/stopstopstop_shirt_thumb.jpg

I mean every fucking video has some variation of that T-shirt in it!

:slight_smile: Ok that was my joke for the day. :slight_smile:

Make no bones about it, Michael Vick is FUCKED. The only way he gets out of this is if somehow his squadron of lawyers find a way to distance him from the other parties involved. If others keep copping pleas and the feds have solid evidence (and they probably do, federal cases have something like a 98% conviction rate?) Vick could be looking at a jail sentence and the end of his NFL career because it definitely looks like they want to make an example of him and this is the biggest case of its kind in a while. Jonny Cocharin isn’t around, but if memory serves one of the lawyers he hired was the lawyer that got the NBA player from the Nets off on that Limo driver shooting. So you never know.

Jayson Williams, Joseph Hayden was his attorney.

:word: Yeah, that guy

98% conviction rate in those that go to trial…that # is small.

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/1427/untitledwv4.png

he is toast

:lol: Good PS.

And Ron Mexico is done for. Between all the evidence against him, and his buddies caving in to plea deals to testify against him, he’s good as toast.

RX3, your arguments here just plain suck.

oh and i have DEFINTELY heard of a pit-bull breeder in rochester selling a lot of dogs off to fighting. If u think this isnt happening here, ur retarded.

Also, I was watching animal planet they were doing animal cops in nyc, going around busting ppl for dog fighting there.

If you think its only in the south ur an idiot. And if u think its comparable to killing animals for food, ur also retarded.

and how the fuck can u compare killing dogs to neutering? Do you know how many ppl end up not neutering/spaying and then 10-15 dogs end up living in some neglageable owners backyard with no food/water?? Is it inhumane to keep stupid owners from making mistakes that will hurt the dogs in the long run?

man, this argument pisses me off because of how dumb u are acting.

No you are retarded, because you too don’t know how to READ.

Thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts for you.

If owners took responsibility for their dogs, there wouldn’t be 10-15 dogs that end up living neglected in some random backyard :shrug:

Stupid owners shouldn’t own dogs :ham:

I would just like to point out that the bold faced statement, which you have presented as the basis of your argument, is incorrect. :slight_smile:

Dog fighting is a cruel sport. But this motherfucker hung, shot, drowned and electrocuted the dogs that lost the fight. No fucking sense of humanity and I hope he loses all his fucking endorsments and his kicked out of the NFL. I hope he gets jail time to think about these crimes. Animals can’t help themselves and it is up to society to make sure cruel and unusual punishment does not occur. Motherfucker has a 130M contract, go join the peace corp or help the needy…do something good with the money and your pathetic fucking life

1. That was not the basis of my argument. The basis of my argument was a few posts before that. That was merely an observation.

2. My meaning (whether or not legally correct) was that people will do whatever they want with their property. Obviously there are federal laws dealing with dogs, but there are federal laws for sharing intellectual data and I’m pretty sure many people run afoul of those too for many of the same reasons. That’s just the way people in this country think more often than not. "It’s my stuff, I’ll do as I please. "

Fair 'nuff.

You are confuse me, Christian. Isn’t a huge part of the reason you’re a Vegan because of how animal products are processed?

i think u have the wrong impression man. There are plenty of ppl involved in dogfighting everywhere. Just cause u dont hear about it, doesnt mean its not there.

and as for neutering. I dont disagree that irresponsible pet owners should have pets. I have demonstrated this on many occassions. BUT, shit happens, dogs get out of their yards, escape invisible fences, etc… and if they find their way to the neighbors dog and get busy, u end up with a litter of dogs and no way to get rid of them. It happens often. I have a puppy and he will be getting neutered as soon as he can.