Michael Vick in trouble (or The Misadventures of Ron Mexico)

It wasn’t a comparison. It was an example to be taken in the context of the quote referenced.

F- for comprehension.

Your Vick update for today. He didn’t have much luck with the judge he ended up with.

The lawyer, who requested anonymity because of a possible involvement in Vick’s defense, explained that Hudson takes a unique approach to the guidelines that are a part of sentencing decisions in federal courts throughout the U.S.

“Most judges start at the minimum and move up or down in small increments. Judge Hudson starts at the midpoint of the guidelines spectrum and moves toward the maximum. The result can be surprisingly harsh.”

The charges against Vick provide for a maximum jail sentence of six years and up to $350,000 in fines.

There needs to be a :nelson: smiley, complete with “Ha ha!” wav file.

And this is why it’s racist. Because it’s misinformed. It’s not a black thing, and it’s not a hip hop culture thing. It’s a SOUTHERN THING!

I don’t hear any hip-hop artists rapping about dogfighting. :shrug:

Dogfighting is a southern thing, plain and simple. Dogfighting, cockfighting, etc. etc. etc. Straight up southern thing. Very few people up north or even out west do this shit (comparitively speaking). WV and lower states to about Texas, coming right back up through the alabamas, 'Sipi, etc. It’s a southern culture thing plain and simple. White, Black whatever. All that stuff is local to down south, and there are a lot of people white or black that don’t have a problem with animal fighting in general.

IT IS NOT A BLACK THING OR HIP HOP THING.

Which is why that shit is racist as hell because peoiple are so uninformed, they have to have “something” to attach it to, so they pick whatever they hate or are afraid of. :roll:

^
there is a lot of cock fighting in buffalo. i can take you to a few places all with in 2 blocks of my grand mothers place.

it has become a very hispanic community in the last decade or so. its not something i ever saw on the east side, or in north buffalo.
us whites fight gay shit, but at least we arent lame like the japs and their fighting fish shit :slight_smile:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3044/dmxgrandhcampcov1th.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000G1QX4A.01.SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65109575.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/793/dmx3nv9.jpg

Takes “Where my dogs at” to a whole new level.

SEriously, just because he has a dog on his album covers, and he makes barking noises doesn’t mean he is rapping about dogfighting. Listen to the lyrics and the CONTEXT they are placed in. :picard:

All of your links have a lot of barking in them, but nothing about DOGFIGHTING.

There are a couple references to “my dogs” i.e homies, friends, etc. and a whole lotta violence in the street type shit. But there are no verses about "I put my dog in the match and that punk bitch lost and cost me $$$ , so I capped him in the back room. "

I dunno. “my dogs” might mean something else.

I think Vick def went into his back yard and said “where my dogs at?”

How did this racial argument get started?

Reading > you. I didn’t say it doesn’t exist here. I said it’s not nearly as prevelant on the same level as it is down southL:

:lol: You’re an asshole :stuck_out_tongue:

…and Vick probably did walk in his backyard and say that :slight_smile:

Rick, are you serious?

There is a pitbull on the cover.
Surrounded with barbed wire.
The album name is Grand Champ.

So it’s just coincidence that Grand Champ is a term for a fighting dog who has won 5 matches, with zero losses?

I’m sorry, but that clearly makes it a hip hop culture thing, unless you classify DMX as classical. As I said in my first post, dog fighting is not a black thing, but it’s the only race who’s culture has actually promoted it.

Unless you can find me a white country singer with a valid reference to dogfighting on his CD cover.

Rap and other urban music also seem to clearly glorify dog fighting. Jay-Z shows dogs preparing for battle in the uncensored version of his music video, 99 Problems. A powerful-looking pit bull is on the cover of a CD by rapper DMX that’s titled Grand Champ. “Grand Champ” is said to be a reference to a dog that has won five dogfights.

rick, wanna cock fight with me? :gay:

like keys on the piano, we can play together

lets settle this once and for all

LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW…

3 MAN/ANIMAL FIGHT TO THE DEATH…

PITBULL
vs
VICK
vs
DEATH KITTY

Read my post again. You are obviously missing the point I am making.

Quoting wikipedia for hip hop understanding is laughable too.

:lol:

Death Kitty clearly > *

I mean, he has death in his name.

Yeah, you said hip hop artists aren’t rapping about dogfighting. Jay-Z was in a video prepping dogs for a fight, and DMX’s album cover is very clear, even without lyrics.

Maybe, but in this case you can’t dispute it can you? They aren’t analysing the meaning of anything, they’re simply stating facts.

Fact: Jay-Z’s uncensored video showed him prepping dogs.
Fact: Grand Champ is a dog that has won 5 fights.
Fact: There is a pit bull on DMX’s album cover, and the album is called “Grand Champ”.

I rest my case. You clearly didn’t read what I said. You just read what you wanted to believe. :shrug:

Add up all the hip hop artists your limited knowledge knows of Jay. All you could come up with is 1 (DMX) that uses some of their terminology and imagery, and one sketchy (Jay-Z) reference? How many hip-hop albums have been put out since whenver rap started? What percentage is that 1 or 2 (or even 20 if you could find them) out of how many?

But this is a hip hop thing :roll:

As for your Jay -Z video reference:

There’s your explicit version video. A pitpiull appears for 1 second (3:25). You call that prepping a dog? Do you even know what prepping a dog lfor a fight ooks like or what it entails?

No where in the lyrics of “99 problems” does Jay-Z rap about dog fighting. The video was shot in and around Lower East Flatbush, past Nostrand Ave, and the video depicts Jay-Z walking around parts of BK his hood (and mine, I used to take the Nostrand Ave Bus from Church Ave). How does (realistically) depicting what goes on in a small area of Brooklyn for a VERY small minority of people turn into “Hip Hop supports/encourages dogfighting” ?

Seriously, you of all people should know not to take everything your read from any source at face value.

BTW, have you ever seen the explicit version of Jay-Z’s 99 problems? I’m willing to bet you never have.

I take everything I read on NYSpeed for serious…everyone is a doctor/lawyer/professor/politician/judge/cop/drug dealer/underground mob/stripper/chip n dale/gambler/nudist/travel agent/tech support/body builder expert.

It doesn’t matter how many seconds it on there, it matters that it’s there. And you can’t escape the fact that the CD cover is a pretty powerful example.

Know how many seconds it’s there for all music outside hip hop? Zero.

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2007-07-03-0168.html

Traditionally a rural activity, the blood sport has caught on in the nation’s urban centers. Authorities and animal-welfare groups say its growth is explosive there.

And it’s not just a southern thing. Look at the Vick indictment. NY was one of the locations.

i can’t believe some of the shit i read on here

i don’t think i’ve ever heard one reference to dogfighting in a song made in the last 3 years…are you kidding?

Traditionally a rural activity, the blood sport has caught on in the nation’s urban centers. Authorities and animal-welfare groups say its growth is explosive there.

The facts in this statement are overwhelming, not to mention the second sentence is written by nitroinsane.

Did you read the whole article, or just dismiss it because it doesn’t support your view?

Rick, you do have a really good point about the media though. They have made this sound like it’s much more prevalent in hip-hop music than it is. Of course, if you admit the media twisted this you might have to admit they twist stuff against the republicans a lot too. :wink:

But seriously, I don’t have a problem admitting I was wrong. I believed what I saw on the news, read in the news, and fell victim to not doing enough of my own research. I’ll stand by the fact that dogfighting is growing much more in hip hop culture than anywhere else though. It’s just part of the “be tough, die fighting” mentality that is being pushed.