Microsoft Locking Security Software Vendors Out...

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33640

Do you happen to work for theinquirer? :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s my favorite tech site… :wink: Who would have guessed?

i agree and disagree with the sentiments in this article.

i agree with m$ should not have complete control over the kernel because symantec is a proven successful antivirus company

I disagree and M$ should have complete control over the kernel because, who is better to protect the OS but its original creators :gotme: think back and remember how M$ anti spy-ware kicked everyone else’s ass in spy-ware detection… there new security initiative is great, and they are really moving in the right direction. also, the more people that have access to the kernel the higher the chances of the kernel being leaked… which is a bad thing…

its a never ending argument, but in the end, they will be forced to let others like symantec see the kernel.

lol Symantec blows…

MS Antispyware is a bloated POS and dogs most computers out and still isnt effective.

OT: LOL stacker. :lol:

i thought ms antispyware was the best… if it bogs, just close it up.

but, tons of people always complain about their cpu’s being all hacked and spywared and messed up w/ popups… yet i’ve never had an issue in like 10 yrs? lol

i dunno about symantec or norton or whatever… but do people really still get virii and shit?

ive delt with actual viruses before and yea, they still exist…but if ur not an idiot…no worries lol if ur not stupid, you have some kind of antivirus and/or anti-spyware program AND you use it regularly, you should have no problems.

oh yea, and stop going to pr0n sites