Microsoft sucks....

So I have 2 Toshiba’s Laptop computers both equipped with Vista, one pro the other basic…

For work I use Microcrap Streets and Trips 2007 (upgraded to 08 it sucked went back to 07)… I have been using it with a hulux GPS device and it works awesome… but I have gone threw 3 of those… so I decided to buy the “better” microcrap one… (pharo gps-360 badged with Microsoft’s name)

so I received the new one, plugged it in, Vista auto installed drivers… I restarted and replugged it in… found it right of way put it on Com port 2 I started up Streets & Trips and the program cant find it… when I force it to use that com port it tells me its not “input/output set to deliver nmea”

I went threw Microsoft’s help page trying everything they said but nothing helped…

I also decided to see if my hulax drivers where corrupting my Microsoft drivers so I installed Streets and trips on the Vista basic (my wife’s computer) and plug the device into her’s and I got the same message.

I’m thinking about returning the GPS and going back to my hulax… grrrr

I’d think about going back to XP Pro.

fucking werd, i wouldn’t trust vista with important shit just yet

Works great with XP, use it daily. 15.4 inch GPS > *

[quote=“jabbu,post:4,topic:37738"”]

Works great with XP, use it daily. 15.4 inch GPS > *

[/quote]

agree, but what GPS device are you using? are you using the Microsoft one?

Vista is just about ready for everybody to adopt. If you’ll remember how long it took xp to become widely used. it wasn’t until after the first service pack that it became a good os. Vista sp1 is set to come out this November I believe.

Nope, think its a holux, i know its got the sirf III chip.

[quote=“jabbu,post:7,topic:37738"”]

Nope, think its a holux, i know its got the sirf III chip.

[/quote]

ya thats what I was using and still use… I got the microsoft one to replace my broken hulax and it wont read… gay

You went through 3 holux? Where are you mounting them?

on the dash, but I plug, unplug, them about 3 times aday and use it for 10 hours a day… I run my own business doing delivery’s all over WNY…

[quote=“Djs87,post:6,topic:37738"”]

Vista is just about ready for everybody to adopt. If you’ll remember how long it took xp to become widely used. it wasn’t until after the first service pack that it became a good os. Vista sp1 is set to come out this November I believe.

[/quote]

That doesn’t mean you should use it while it doesn’t work with your stuff.