Midwest Subaru Shootout - Win / New best

Jason (Jasv11) went to the big Midwest Subaru Shootout (MWSOC) near Chicago Saturday and cleaned up in modified turbo class running a 9.5 right off the trailer followed by another 9.5. The second pass he spun pretty badly and someone was nice enough to take a video and post it:

Built and tuned by Innovative Tuning.

The next closest car was built by AMS to supposedly 740 whp but only ran a best of 11.2. I wasn’t there, but I imagine that was driver related.

Sorry Choda. :slight_smile:

Awesome! Congrats to Jason and your crew. :tup:

:tup:

sweet thats fast

looks like it could go 9.2 or faster because it is all over the track.

Thing looks like it gets very hairy off the line and into second gear.

Holy lol at the next closest being in the 11’s i mean cmon, thats not even the same league. almost 2 seconds slower isn’t even a race.

The ebay coilovers need to go. He knows it. It’s just a matter of money. When they get upgraded I expect 1.3X 60 foots and I should be able to turn up the boost without the car going all over the place. I haven’t bothered turning the boost up because the car barely goes straight on 26-27 psi.

Nice times :tup: Fender flares and some wider slicks/better suspension? Seems to spin those pretty easy !

Nice work to everyone involved.:tup:

ebay coilovers and still goes 9.5 ftw

This. Seriously impressive.

We actually haven’t run real slicks yet, just DOT ones. That will make a big difference at this power level, plus decent coilovers, plus a few other rear suspension changes to keep things from moving that shouldn’t be moving and he’ll be in much better shape.

Nice, is there a write up on the build anywhere?

No sir. Cliffs notes:
base model Impreza
Innovative Tuning built STI engine swap
6262 turbo
stock 07 STI trans and rear diff
E85 fuel
27ish psi boost at the moment
Hoosier DOT tires
street class car

built and tuned by Innovative Tuning

I talked to Jason about the coilovers and they’re out of budget for this year so we’ll make due with the ebay ones for now.

i’m sorry you didn’t make it to chicago.

<3

oh and congrats to you and jasv! i miss being on iwsti and seeing his thread.

Congrats guys :tup:

… I need to update that drag list…