Mikes 89 honda prelude, project "skylude"

Ugh, well its apparent your not going to stop at this point…can’t believe I’m doing this but here it goes.

89 lights might not be what you want. Those holes look much taller than what the lights themselves, so that might leave humongous gaps (not that the car has those elsewhere…anyways). Also the civic lights are not square shaped, they are slanted towards the middle. The holes are sorta square-ish so thats going to be a mounting issue. I had this pic laying around, comparing the size & shape I say its going to be a sloppy fit.

Also, you’ll need corner lights. Something the 89 headlights do not have integrated into them. And I don’t know how civic corner lights would slop into the front end, I suppose you could just cut some metal away. I’d almost look elsewhere to a car that has slightly taller lights and integrated corner marking lights. I’d almost say older BMW 3-series lights since those are square. If you use the 89 lights, there are two bolts up top for mounting, and the lower mount bolt rest on a 90 degree angle. Probably wouldn’t be hard to build some brackets out of some flat steel (top & bottom) and drill some holes, run the bolts, etc. And for God sakes enlarge the bottom lower air intake hole in the bumper so its proportional.