Mike's custom tuned 07 BMW 335i - baseline and post tune results inside

Our customer Mike brought his 2007 BMW 335i in for tuning. The car is mechanically stock so the gains shown here are just from tuning. We established a baseline on our dyno with the stock tune, then installed the Accessport with Cobb’s most recent and most aggressive stage 1 93 octane mapping for a stock vehicle and took dyno readings on that, then custom tuned the car with Cobb’s pro tuning software. The results speak for themself. We gained almost 100 wheel horspower and over 100 ft lb.s of torque with tuning alone.

The software and custom tuning will shine even more on a modded car.

Damn. Why would they go THAT conservative on the stock tune when that much more potential is there? Don’t want to show up the M I suppose.
Great work!

This is relevant to my interests :tup:

That’s awesome.

My neighbor just picked up an 11’ sti, I’m trying to get him over to you guys.

Right on. Thanks guys!

Have you guys done any work with procede tunes? Wondering if they will have comparable results.

Fantastic results Mike.

Can you custom tune an e90 m3?

Jesus these things make a hell of a lot of torque. I’m pumped for tomorrow’s tuning sess.

This car isn’t red by any chance is it?

Think its dark grey, saw pictures on FB.

I ran into a red one on the way home from the gym a couple weeks ago. He probably wants a tune now. He has to be on here.

Was cool of him to run from a slower roll too… the 60+ roll was dead nutts even damn near. Slow roll I pulled pretty good.

I’m thinking this car would roll me hard.

Can the car handle that kind of torque from a dig?

Wow that is nice. Do you think this car is now quicker than a stock M1.

It definitely should be straight line.

I tweaked one. The Procede can’t do much so results will not be comparable to this.

The Cobb software allows custom tuning of the factory computer rather than trying to have a piggyback ECU fight with it. I can change DI fuel pressure targets, adjust timing compensations for charge air and throttle inlet temps, reprogram the drive by wire system for more normal throttle mapping and much more, all without the worry of throwing tuner codes because you’re not fighting against the stock computer.

Holy moly! Thats some serious gains.

if somebody shows up with a stock 135 / 335 and wants to replicate what you did here how much $$$ are we talking about?

Pm Sent

If a friend here wanted this tune on their 335 would you have any problems loading the tune onto the software? So looking at $1200 total…

Good work Mike! is the N54 going to be the next Civic on NYSpeed? LOL

X…