Mike's Sol

Some work testing out the frame rail idea with a spare piece of rectangular tubing. It looks like it should work well. Some spot welds on the bottom and back and them seam up the top and bottom edge up front. Some sheet metal to close it all up and it should look stock.

Much respect.

your ruining this car.

don’t fuck with me after I cut up the frame rails. :lol You are fucking with me and don’t actually see an issue right? :wierd

Sadly I’m kinda serious, you should have left it fwd, or done an easier less expensive conversion to awd. I think your wasting time and money when you could be enjoying and buying tires. You gotta stop with the one project rolling into the next and then changing things and doing wild stuff and hacking it apart. I like you mike but I honestly don’t think you possess the skill or attention span to finish this rear engine extravaganza, I hate to truely bust your balls about shit cause I’ve know you for a pretty long time but…weld the floor back in, sadly it looks to late.

ok, that makes me fell better. I thought you saw something in my pictures that I missed. That type of response on the other hand is well expected :thumbup

He’s just making the Del Sol how it SHOULD have been to begin with. Fuck it, it’s just a car.

Its just rediculous is all

It is. I won’t deny it. But at some point I came to the realization that I enjoy building the car just as much as driving it. I have been planning this for a very long time, hell the welding classes I took as a freshman engineering student where with this very project in mind. The wide tires and fender flares where no mistake either. I just had to get to the point where I had the right tools at my disposal, enough knowledge, and a big enough budget to pull it off.

do wheelies son!

I am quite sure you can pull it off, Mike. I can’t wait to see the finished product.

you should take your 2 cents and go put it back in your piggy bank.

well anyway, anyone know a place to get in expensive 5 lug hubs? Honda wants $100 for each, I really don’t see why it would be so much more than an entire bearing assembly…

I’m also tossing out my idea for the sub-frame reinforcement and starting from scratch. I think I lost sight of its primary purpose in my earlier attempts and some properly triangulated tubing will do the job much better.

whens this thing going to be ready 2 Go!

Quite a while. Knowing me, I’m going to keep nitpicking and changing stuff even after the major modification is completed.

Even without that, there are enough grey areas of this project that I really can’t work out until parts come in for mockup that could easily cause long delays.

you should take YOUR 2 cents and invest in weightwatchers

Transmission came in today. Surprisingly (with my luck) it looks to all be in good shape. Unfortunately I found a bunch more issues with the motor when trying to bolt it up.

shit pictures, but this here:

is supposed to go in the spot with the chunk of metal in it here:

Drill it out. Problem solved

not gonna happen. That’s asking for trouble. For the mockup I’m trying to figure out If I can just yank the sleeve out of the transmission, but I’m not really sure if its just pressed in there or fixed in some way.