Mike's Sol

I wish I could give you a definite answer, but I have never touched any K series setups. I do know all the D/B/F/H series I have worked on you could just wiggle them out with vice grips and a lot of effort.

just vise grip the dowel pin out there not pressed and not seriously needed…

that’s what I assumed, but I didn’t want to wreck it with the vice grips if it wasn’t going to work.

Don’t be impatient with that. Those dowels locate that transmission to the motor centric. The bolts do not do the job themselves, they have play in their bores.

Is it a pass through on the other side or captured?

Take a carbide burr in a die grinder and machine a small dimple in the center of what appears to be that broken off bolt. Center punch that dead center. Use a brand new 1/8" drill bit and drill through it. Continue to open the hole up enough to insert a 5/16" easy out. heat the case with mapp while backing out, just don’t localize heat in one spot too long.

You can get that out, don’t be a wuss.

Its a broken steel bolt jammed into the aluminum casing, I’m reluctant to have at it with a die grinder and even less with a drill bit. As you said, the dowel is going to locate the trans and any slop will prevent it from doing its job.

I’d rather wait and have it done professionally then to botch it. My concern right now is just a simple mockup so I can weld the frames back up.

ohhh, ok then yeah better that :lol

got message too. I will be working up some rough jigs next week at some point. I will need a little $$ towards that material at some point but not a huge issue right now.

bearings/hubs…as soon as you can get them to me I can use them. I plan to locate off the inner bearing races as a fixed point for the jigs…bearings more important than hubs but both would be nice

front bar…I’ll get that quote to you tomorrow at some point.

ok, just shoot me an email with how much you need. The bearings I’ll ship to you in a few days, the hubs are a pain in my ass ~$120 per hub, I suspect it being about that much to machine the damn things ourselves, lol. I’ll pull the trigger on them once I find a price I can agree with.

What are they CRV rear hubs? just buy used ones from a yard. I can refurbish them. They can be yanked out with a good sized slide hammer once the halfshaft is removed(go through spline center to backside of hub and pull out. Or a large deepwell socket and BFH.

Exactly what I’ve been thinking, but I’ve been working over time since half the people at my work just got fired and haven’t been able to get to any junkyards yet.

think you can grab rears and fronts just for comparison sake? I can send you what you need to cover that as well. :slight_smile:

Only yard out this way that’s going to allow that stunt and not charge for a full suspension upright is JBAP and even that’s pushing it.

Going to have to find a yard that will allow them to be removed from the uprights.

That’s the same thing I found previously- had to replace the front hubs on my crx - JBAP sold me the whole upright; they didn’t feel like splitting the two. The uprights were only like $40 per side I think though (at the time)- gotta love those ‘used’ honda prices.

$40 would be well worth it to me, I’ll have to look them up. I can order online from JBAP right?

can you drill a small hole through the case from the back side of the dowel, heat the thing up, then try to tap it out by sticking something through the hole you drilled? Just an idea…

Pretty sure you can order online from them and have them ship it. I’m pretty sure I talked to Ramon, seemed pretty helpful.

So I got a call on friday that might fuck this build and throw it on hold for a couple of years… the last damn thing I want for this build. Fuck. good news/bad news type of thing. :confused:

Have to go move in with your dad in Japan as punishment for previous crimes?

I heard he raced some token jock football player from his school (in his dad’s viper) through a vacant housing development

just what I heard though

Sounds like 99% good news for me (because that’s what you want), congrats!!!

atleast when your done, you’ll have some serious cash to finish up the rest of this project