Mike's Sol

:tbu Looks good. Few ways to do it. Which way did you approach it?

That’s only about an hour and half right now, I just stumbled across some videos on youtube about it.

I used 4 images from a “blue print” front, rear, side, top and did the 3D sketch and then surfacing.

I was using a really low res print that was tough to work with but I just wanted to work through it and see what was what. Hopefully now I can find some higher res. images and start from scratch knowing what I’m doing from the start.

BTW, I hunted all over today for that alternator, I think I dropped it off with synapse with my motor. Next day that they are open I’ll drop in and pick it up.

subbing for an awesome looking build

I was wondering where this has been. Love the progress. It is quite the undertaking.

unfortunately I haven’t been around much to work on it. Hopefully a lot can be accomplished over the next month.

some fun progress on this. I’m going to have to watch a few more videos to get some of the more complex shapes on it

Lol, I bet $20 I know where you pulled that driver from? :wink: It was certainly a worthy download.

I thought you might recognize him.

I wish I could find a file for the K-series motors. It would take me forever to model it in with any degree of accuracy.

delete

What happened to
this build??? I watched this project unfold for years.

Why the delete?

I can’t remember why I said delete in the last post, but this project has been mothballed for the last year but will be back underway soon. I’ve been a bit busy recently and unable to make progress

I guess what your doing is a good enough excuse to not work on it…Thank you for all you do.

Finally have some time to fire up solidworks and work on this. I’m getting some good ideas on how to increase the strength of what is basically the engine cradle in the back and a better way to do the firewall… looks like I’ll have to cut out some of the stuff I did before I left.

and another day down over here:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/580106_10100264918872495_462810969_n.jpg

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehEjkwo3bLs”]Its back - YouTube[/ame]

oh chit

you sucker, you bought another e36?

Yessir, its a pretty good condition sedan.

Updates?

Yessss