Mike's Timber Frame Car Barn Build Thread

Yep, it is started… finally.

I actually started a while ago but It has been time consuming with little free time available.

• Updated - - -

http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36645&stc=1

• Updated - - -

Cut away drawing.

So many awesomes.

Congrats man.

Thanks man. I am getting excited now that I am actually getting somewhere. I got my variance for a 2 story approved no problem which was nice. It is going to be just over 2236 sq/ft with the second floor loft.

:bigtup: subscribed

Keep this thread updated. Nice to see you had no issues with a variance on this. Wish I could say my project was so “accepted” by my local building department. Let me know if you need any help with any aspects of the project. I assume you are GC’ing this yourself.

Aweosme!

What?

Wyh Can’t yuo raed what I wreot?

tAHNKS!

Yeah, EA was totally cool with my project. :tup: It may help that it is in agriculture district too.
I am GCing it, that is why it is such slow progress. :wink:

• Updated - - -

I can’t see the picture I posted… not even going to try to figure that one out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sweet. In for updates. Love a good shop build :tup:

Dan

Piers with stone fill.

Slowly but… slowly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36731[/ATTACH]

So with my knowledge of concrete (not really a lot at all) they put the lines in for stress cracks which if the concrete is going to crack from settling or stress, it is going to crack at the lines. If this is the case, why did they make the lines closest to the garage/shed different from the rest?

They are still skim coating the top in that picture, lines generally dont get cut until its cured.

Those are lines from the bull float. Not sure why they’re so prominent though. As long as the finished product looks good. Guys usually like to saw cut same or next day while Concrete is still relatively soft. Make sure you seal it ASAP.

Yep, those were just bull float lines. It came out nice but he did not cut the lines the way I told him too. I even made a fucking sketch for him and marked the concrete with the diamonds I wanted! Ugh. Oh well, it will work. It is frustrating when people just don’t fucking listen.

What was his excuse?

I have not even talked to him yet, it was just done. I will probably call him tomorrow but, it is not like he can fix it. This is already bringing back the bad memories of dealing with retarded contractors when I built my house. They are all great until they have to think outside of the box… ONE LITTLE BIT, then they are all retards. When I told the electrical guy I had SIP walls you would have thought I told him I needed to wire the fucking moon for internet.

Edit: Ok, they are not all retards but you ask for anything and it is like you kicked them right in the drama gland.

I hear ya. I just think some guys get used to a routine the mention of anything away from the norm gives them anxiety attacks. I got lucky. Everyone I used was able to adjust and make it all work. Keep posting pics, and more of them.