Million mile Chevy

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mans-chevy-1200-miles-from-million-mile-mark.html

The though the truck has seen four radiators, three gas tanks, five transmissions and six water pumps, Mr. Oresnik has never had to recondition the engine itself.

Not bad a new tranny every 200k

cool editing from leftlanenews.

Spiffy. :slight_smile:

This one is interesting also:

damn impressive, really hope the guy does it

now theres a guy I would buy a car from…

and here i thought i was the only one that’d follow a maint sched. sheeit

those trunks are beast. all the commen issues are what he has had serviced. slo84ta had like 25x,xxx miles on his

my mom had a 1993 2500 suburban with a 454, 4:10’s and all the towing upgrades and we used it as a plow truck and to tow our trailers until 2004 or 5 and we sold it to a mechanic from mullane in lockport with 264,xxx and everyonce in a while when i’m at our toyota store i see it parked over there. it has to have over 300,000 miles by now. The only things we ever did were a tranny rebuild at 220,000 because we blew a seal while plowing, valve cover gaskets, and a water pump/starter. original exhaust, never touched the engine other than that and never touched the rear end. all we did was change every fluid every year and follow proper maintenence. that thing was a tank and i loved driving it although the 42 gallon gas tank and the 12 miles a gallon whether you were driving, plowing or towing was pretty annoying.

truck has seen four radiators, three gas tanks, five transmissions and six water pumps,

man, they don’t make em like that anymore…

anyone remember that civic on craigslist that had like 960k on it? he had done the timing belt and water pump 10x and the clutch 6x and I think that’s it haha

I understand the transmissions on a work truck hauling refrigeration equipment to deliver seafood
Gas tanks might have got destroyed from the salt
Water pump is almost a maintenance item
Radiator could have had rocks go through it

come on guys, its a GM. They obviously fall apart after 20,000 miles or so. The story MUST be BS. And the interior, think of the interior! OMG rough plastics!

they forgot to mention that at 20,000 miles they dropped in a Toyota powerplant. :stuck_out_tongue:

Million mile E-250.

The van still has its original engine and transmission, neither of which has been rebuilt.

Though automobiles with 1 million miles are rare, they’re not unheard of. A 1966 Volvo owned by a New York man has more than 2 million miles on it, but that car doesn’t regularly haul 3,000 pounds of auto parts halfway across the United States, as Mr. Schell’s van does.

Yeah, the article said he used it for hauling/delivering seafood so he probably spent a ton of time on the highway following cars that kick up crap into the grill.

Edit: This is more of a testament to how regular maintenance makes all the difference.

thats awesome… altho i think its a lil more than luck.