Milseading responses in Technical section

So I have noticed lately that there are alot of misleading responses in the tech section.

I know it is fun and all, and alot of the time you have no choice since the questions are so dumb. I know I have done it more than a few times.

But it is not good at all for our community, and peoeple are here to learn in some cases. If they are posting in the tech section it could be a last resort for them as they could not get their answer anywhere else. So why not try and help them out if you know what their problem might be, instead of bein g a jackass and mocking them.

Mods, try and moredrate that section a little more strictly in the future. This not only goes for stupid replies but also stupid threads with questions that heve been covered in the past. The tech section should be a place to go to get the answers you need, not to get ridiculed becasue you asked how to fill up your PS fluid.

/rant

Examples?

Is it bad that alot of the examples that I can think of ATM I took part in?

Here is one:
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31248

Another:
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31305

No matter how hard one tries to moderate - there are far too many users/opportunities to avoid this situation.

This is just a suggestion, so don’t anyone get all butt-hurt, unless you can offer a productive suggestion. You can take a strict action against this - such as a temporary ban for replies not related to the original posters’ topic (personally, I’d love to see this). Irrelevant posts on the internet is just the same as uselessly contributing to a conversation in real life.

In real life (for those of who you do socialize outside of the interweb), if you jump into a conversation and contribute productively and keep the conversation going in a respectful and non-condescending manner - you’ll obviously be well-liked and people will accept your opinion. If you join in and only observe - no one will condemn you. If you join in and talk about irrelevant topics or provide subjective input that no one really cares about - that is, be sarcastic, provide wrong/irrelevant information, speak in a condescending manner - then you’ll be ostracized or ridiculed. Just the same as ostracizing someone in real life - why not put a temporary ban on them here?

or

Leave it as it is - new 240 owners will find new sources of information without having to face the degradation on this board. Then all that remain can sit around a fire and sing Kumbaya.

This is why SON-R exists, ( not solely or in anyway exclusive to nissan cars btw); to dole out some more realistic technical advice… most people there, (SON-R), were/are tired of trying to help here… for various reasons… so they left, result: you end up with a tech section like it is now and all the Engineers/builders/fabricators…ect. on a completely different forum.