Mini tub pics

am i member…i didnt see them

but i see em now!! :blue:

and man thats looking reallly good!!

Looks good Tom!!!

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: I may need to make the plastic OEM piece out of sheet metal because it is a little low. It never made contact with the tire before but I’m lowering the car so it just might now. I won’t know that till I get my wheels and tires put on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Tomtheroofer/minituboutsidefinish005.jpg

How much did that expand you wheel wells?

I gained approx. 1-1/4" of usable space. I offset the LCA 3/4". The tire is now closer to the LCA than it is to the frame. In other words, the LCA now becomes the obsticle.

Here is a pic of what I am talking about.

Next year I may move the LCA over to the next slot but that will require moving the rear end shock perch up several inches and move the shock itself up or get a shorter shock if that is available. That would give me another 1-1/4" of space. Too much work for this year.

Very nice Tom! On my Z/28 I hit the LCAs w/ 315s and stock wheel wells. Those were Global Wests (large tubular LCAs) and I was AutoXin’ the car really hard but I had to run a 1/8" spacer to not rub the LCAs. So even w/ the offset I’m sure (as you mentioned) those will be your limiting factor.

When I still had the Z/28 I was considering mini-tubbing it and using offset LCAs like you did to run a 335 width AX tire under the stock body width.

Good work and get us those pics w/ it sitting lower. :smiley:

-TJ