Minneapolis / St. Paul

Ive got a day to spend in Minneapolis / St Paul in the near future and figured Id ask the speeders if they’ve ever been and whats good to do/eat for the day. Ill be with my girl and her sister before we drive three hours north for a weekend on the lake. I’ve looked into it and typical museum/art/mall but its best to ask people who have been there that might have experienced it first hand. Any ideas or experiences? Let me know Speeders!
Thanks

Ice bar is pretty cool. I’ve only been there for work and cannot remember restaurant names I’ve been to.

I fly there for some business in like 9hrs. Crazy!

Go here

The neighborhood is cool you will find more stuff from there.

@Mike93 is from there. Hopefully he can offer some advice. :tup:

Also a cool place

http://www.themuddypig.com/

If you like the Brazilian steakhouse deal this place was a little brotato for me but great/fun time

http://www.fogodechao.com/locations/minneapolis/

Have fun! Cool city/place for sure.

I grew up there, so many places to check out! Drew is spot on with the Happy Gnome, great food and even better beer selection. Psycho Suzy’s in NW Mpls should make it’s way to the top of your restaurant hit list as well. I could rattle of a shitload of places to go, just really depends on what you’re in to…and when you’ll be in town.

Also, where is the lake spot? My family has a cabin 3 hours north of the cities, Lake Washburn in Outing.

Mike toss out a few places. Ill be out there all week!

In for results. I’ll be in Wyoming mn this summer for a co-op.

Agreed with Mike.

Psycho Suzies is a place to hit.

The Nook for a juicy lucy in St. Paul.

Nye’s Polonaise if you like polish food. It’s like eating in your grandmothers basement bar.

Chino Latino is a good Chinese/Mexican fusion restaurant. Great food.

Uptown has a ton of stuff to do and see it’s the nicer area for sure.

The Walker art center is pretty great. As is the Mill City Museum. Very cool.

This area is a Foodie paradise.

mall of america

Ill be there in June figured I’d ask and I recieved some great places! thanks dudes! My girls family has a lake house on shell lake northwest of the city about a two hour drive i guess. Probably look at these breweries as my co-workers have said the same! Im all about craft beer and savoring the local brews. Keep em coming if you can.

After work i hung around 1st ave in Minneapolis. Ate here with a friend from the area

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/ablake211/photo42_zps24335d0b.jpg

Ok food. Good potato soup. Reasonable beer selection.

Bastille was playing across the street. Lots of HS kids and hipsters for the show(i was wearing a suit and didnt fit in haha). Overall cool area to walk around and spend some time.

Who did you meet up with? Donlon?

3M dude. But good reminder. Totally forgot to text him.

My brain is fried from releasing KBS today…but you like beer, so you’re in luck. You know of Surly? Drink it up as often as you can there. Plenty of other new breweries popping up, Dangerous Man and Indeed were spot on. All of these are in the Mpls area more or less.

Uptown, downtown, Dinkytown, Mill City, ‘Nordeast’, THE LAKES…being there in June will be a great time of the year to just be out checking shit out. Bike rentals are abundant, and the city has been rated as the #1 for bicyclists.

Some of my favorite spots in Mpls: Muddy Waters, Mesa Pizza, Chino Latino, Britts Pub (lawn bowling on roof), shit hit up a Twins game (standing room only ticket is the best, walk the stadium and have great views).

St. Paul: Happy Gnome, Muddy Pig, Mickeys Diner, Savoy Pizza

If you’re into cars you may be in town for Back to the '50s weekend. Don’t let the timeline fool you, thousands of cars come out for this one. Located at the State Fairgrounds in St. Paul.

Best part about Mpls / St. Paul is that it’s so fucking progressive that every time I go back there’s something new to check out.

Agreed. I am amped and impressed each time I come here. Great place