Chicago?

Anyone been there or familar with the area? I am here for work for 2 weeks. Staying in a suburb outside about 15 min outside the city that is a really nice town. Malls, shopping centers, a small village with train into the city…and the fact that its filled with beautiful and huge houses.

What are your suggestions for things to do? We are going to check out the Chicago auto show next week and also some Ice Festival in Millennium Park. Any other places?

where are you (what burb?)

<- grew up there, well northwest side by DP/Rosemont

Head up to the bars in Lincoln Park or Wrigleyville on the weekend to find all the young hot ass. The River North area of downtown has alot of really cool jazz clubs and bars on Hubbard also.

I spent just about 2 years in Naperville for school. I’m sure its cold as hell there but you should still go downtown and check out the area. Schaumburg has some fun bars too. Where abouts are you?

Locutus spent 10 weeks or so there for work…i’m sure he can tell you where to go…

Go to “Dicks” to eat :slight_smile: I know that is there…funny place…

I was just there a couple weeks ago. Go to College St, that’s a decent bar area with a younger crowd.

Also went to the “Crowbar Nightclub”, that was sweet as well.

I decent pub/hangout is Emmit’s, which i later found out was in the movie Oceans Eleven.

I think Walter lived there for a while, ask him.

go have drinks on the top floor of the hancock building at night. it is an incredible experience, and worth the $10 cocktails. :tup:

Dicks is an experience if you never been there. go there with a group of people!

I would recommend Nick’s Fish Market, The Grill Room, 312 Chicago, Joe’s Stone Crab for food places.

Nick’s Fish Market, Gage, Whiskey Blue, and Signature Lounge (top
of the Hancock) for nicer bars (though they are more expensive).

I lived there. Your question is awfully vague for a city that is so large and has so much to do. You looking for food? Stuf to do? Touristy? Non touristy? Museums? Night Life?

You should definitely go to Millenium Park which is in the Loop in downtown chicago… it has the “bean” as people say with a butterfly sanctuary and its a really exciting sight. There are a lot of good bars on Division Street and on Halsted in the DePaul University Area where a lot of college students go to bars etc. There are a lot of good restaurants in that area as well. Shopping area is best on Michigan avenue which is basically like 5th ave in NY so its really great. You should also go to Weiner Circle in Wrigleyville on Clark and to The Billy Goat on lower wacker drive…they are the best burger/hotdog places in chicago and have been there for a while.

i just came back from there yesterday.
Get deep dish it’s no joke.

Burr Ridge right now and then going to Downers Grove next Friday.

We might be going into the city this weekend and next weekend to check out the night life. A girl at the hotel told us about Excalibur too which I guess is a downtown hot spot.

Been there in Myrtle Beach. Fun place.

Def might have to check this out tomorrow night in the city.

I know a few people that are flying down Monday are older and looking to check out some transportation museum and wanna check out the aquarium. Some tourist spots might be ok to check out.

They have some art sculptures in ice that you can skate on all month that we are going to do. Thanks for the college places. Me and my co worker are only a year out of school so we are always looking for those hangouts.

Yea we are going to check to see if its all that its made out to be and do the Chicago vs NY pizza test.

Me and my buddy were seriously thinking of having one fedex’d.

when you are there, use grubhub.com to find the food spots, and who’s delivering.