MIR Lapping Day

Mosport International Raceway - Bowmanville, Ontario

There are seven spots left for Advanced Level Drivers (solosprint/1 and up). The cost is $300 Canadian (paypal fees $12 extra). This is at the big track at Mosport May 23, 2008 . This is an all day event, with two groups (experienced and advanced) of no more than 26 cars each. 30 minutes on/30 minutes off with a 1 hour lunch break.
Novice track drivers will not be accepted into this event.
Experienced - this group is full and 4 people on the wait list.
Advanced - solosprint and up experience, 7 spots left open.
When you apply for a spot you will be expected to provide a track history. Track rules will be strictly enforced.
Regards,
Frank

post pics, people like pics :slight_smile:

If everything goes right the 23rd will be a total cluster f— , but I will have a garage. Everyone else, this would would the perfect double header to start off the summer…

There is a waiting list for Experienced.

I knew that I could count on you for some pics! Even if they are my swiped satelite images. And this doesn’t do justice - you essentially can see only one corner at a time. Huge elevation changes as seen in turn 2 below which is an off camber corner, lots of trees. This is a dream track – and also not a forgiving track. 25 cars on this track and you may do a lap and hardly see anyone!

There is a wait list for experienced and I’m accepting names. There’s always turnover at lapping days!
Regards,
Frank

I’ve got 4 solid years of Solo II, a lapping day at TMP and Dunnville, and you’ve been sideways around turn one at TMP in the passenger seat of my Fiero… Think I’m up for advanced?

You’d be perfect for experienced. In advanced I have the likes of Ontario Touring Car champ, second in class at Targa Newfoundland, and on and on. All of the drivers are top notch - advanced just a higher notch - so I have to be firm on race experience! That’s what I’ve promised them!

I’ve been very strict - even turned down some drivers who’ve been at previous lapping day’s I’ve held because they weren’t ready for this track.

Sounds fair to me.

Any other questions? Let me know.
I’m just waiting for Fairgentlman Z to rearrange his life schedule so that he can join us!

Are you planning on going?

Nah, based on what Frank said I’m definitely not fast enough/track prepped enough for advanced and with the waiting list for experienced I think I’ll just wait. I want to hit another Dunnville event and see how the brake changes I’ve done work out before spending money on a full day of lapping. Dunnville is a great test because it’s really hard on brakes.

ugh, don’t remind me.

Right now I only have openings for SoloSprint and up drivers. Word of mouth filled up the experienced group (loads of lapping + advanced driving school) very quickly and I have five on a wait list. This track is awesome, but I will not allow novice drivers on it in my groups. And I’m also not putting guys with a bit of experience into the advanced group. I want to ensure that everyone has a great day - and running a lightly prepped street car with a track prepped car won’t be fun for either.
And Dunnville’s not that bad on brakes!

That’s the turn where my Porsche almost bought the farm last year! My instructor kept telling me the line was wider and wider, despite the fact he spun there in the morning and despite the fact I was signed off the year before. Got a new instructor and 2 sessions later I was signed off and lapping Vettes.

Very fun track.

Turn two and spinning! Wow - that’d be a ride you wouldn’t forget. In the rain it’s scary fun. Any track can be dangerous - no question about that at MIR and I’ve seen cars removed on flatbed because the driver didn’t approach it properly.

Down hill at 75 and spinning (more like sliding sideways actually) was a little scary. Combine too much speed with a horrible line and tons of marbles and get out of control fast. It’s imparative for an instructor to actually know the line before they ask you to change yours.

There are a couple of guys driving up from NY - but I don’t think they’re on this forum. Check out the application process and see if this day would be a good fit for your driving skills. A few spots left.

Edit May 5
Sold Out. Thank you for your interest.

Great day, great weather once the clouds cleared, great event. Thanks to Frank, the other organizers, sponsors, and especially the instructors. I hope to get some pics of my own up soon in the photo section.

when is another mosport day scheduled?

I don’t think Frank checks this forum much. As near as I know, there isn’t another day scheduled at the moment. There was some talk of another perhaps later in the summer, but nothing definite.