missfire problem..98 integra

first off i have a 98 integra ls…pretty stock…has an intake…

i bought the car and it was running rough…cel was on…came home tripped the ecu got codes 71…72…74…missfire cylider 1 2 and 4 so i figured it needed plugs and wire…it had been sitting for 2 years…so today i went and got new plugs and wires and the missfires are still there…diss. cap and rotor seem perfectly fine…just dont know whats wrong…and i pulled the poss. off the battery to reset the ecu…what elts could be the problem? o and i tryed moving the injectors around thinking that maybe they were shot…but still the same missfires. im lost…i need to fix this car and sell it…o and it only has 97k…

Check the coil.

Is it random multiple or it stays on those cyl’s?

Misfires didn’t move after you put plugs and wires?

You could possibly have a serious vacuum leak, check all your vacuum connections.

Firing order??

checked the fireing order… i searched and the order that came up was the same that was on the car… as long as the 1 i found was right…and it was missifireing 1 2 and 4 before the plugs and wires change and missfire 1 2 and 4 after i changed them…i thought it might be the coil…anyone have an old 1 laying around… it can be out of any honda i think…i used 1 from a 95 civic ex on a 97 teggy ls before…

o and a vacume leak would cause a missfire…thats weird…

PM Reckone he most likely has one somewhere.

My only other guess afterwards is a vacuum leak - Chryslers are notorious for having horrible misfire issues from a a vacuum leak.

That’s all presuming your distributor is in fine working order.

A vaccum leak anywhere past your MAF or MAP/MAT sensors would cause the engine to have a completely improper mixture from what it’s expecting to have. Culprits are sometimes an intake plenum gasket leaking in extra air, or any of the lines connecting to the manifold. Check for flexibility in them and dry rot.

thanks dude i will check that tomorrow…the car has been sitting for like 2 years.

Yeah, lot’s can happen in two years. Expect to find a mouse or two. :lol

already found them and they are gone…lol

Check the valve lash. The P75 cyl head is known for valve seats sinking. This will cause the car to misfire at low rpm. If you take the valve cover off, you can shake the rocker arms. If the cam faces up and the rockers don’t wiggle, then you found your problem.

thanks i will check that tomorrow 2

orrrr the dist itself is junkkkkk

good luck with the problem

:number1

yah i thats prob. the problem… will a b20 diss. work in my ls? there was a wrecked 1 in canjo last week and i think it went to the junk yard…i want the whole motor but im poor…

Don’t quote me on it, but I think the heads are the same and as long as your OBD is the same as well it should work.

find out the price of the b20 and let me know

http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=18153 I’d pick it up if I had a use for it at that price :lol

i will try to find a price for ya…

and i wish i had the money for it… i would sell my 02 and rock the gsr in my teg…but again im poor…

ok someone wants to trade me a 95 civic ex with a b16 swap for my teg…his has a little rust but runs mint…should i trade? and how much can i sell the civic for? its light blue. lowered, intake and exhaust.