Missing Clarence Women

Police in Clarence need your help to find a missing mother.

Investigators say Joan Diver’s husband called police around one o’clock Friday afternoon after his wife did not pick up their kids at daycare.

According to authorities, Diver is an avid jogger. They went to check out the Clarence bike path along Shisler Road and found her SUV abandoned. There were no signs of foul play.

Diver is described as being 5’5" tall, about 140lbs. with green eyes. She is believed to be wearing a navy sweatshirt and possibly black shorts or black running pants with a green stripe.

that sucks.

+1 dont go jogging alone in secluded areas if you are a woman

yeah I brought up the area on Google earth, And man oh man is there ALOT of wooed area and Ponds over there.

I know, I was doing standby/search for her last night until 3 am. I haven’t heard anything recent about her so I dunno what’s up. I had to work with my old man today so I couldn’t assist in the search. By the time I was done they called Akron back. So I have no idea what’s up. I will keep everybody posted if my chief tells me anything that I am aloud to say publicly.

Aw man, hope shes OK. It sucks one way or another, but sucks even worse when theres a family and kids involved :frowning:

Bad news, they found her body:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=41529

No other info other than they found her body.

Thats great. Another fucking FREAK is loose!

Best Wishes go out to the family!

I am glad they found her body finally, but it is still a tragedy that someone could do something like that to another person. Not that it will change the fact that she is dead…but I really hope she died of like heart falure or something and simply stumbled off the path…it would be much easier on the family to know she died of natural causes than murder, though I HIGHLY doubt that is the case.

thats the 2nd murder(if thats what happened) this month in clarence. I work a lot in the Clarence area and I drive past the trail quite a bit. Im suprised this is the first attack (that ive heard of atleast), Those wooded trails are just an attack waiting to happen if you ask me.

i know what the family must be going through my fiance’s cousin was the guy who was murdered at Dynabrade on sheridan.

wtf is wrong with people.

The news brought up a VERY good question, The Police authoritys only put in 24hr’s of man time searching for this women. I wonder why such a small time was put into it. Also, I just find it weird that a group of Volunteers just desided to go out and look for her and Bam!, There she is. Just has Foul play written all over it, with the killer being connected to her in some fashion

Because they were fucking busy giving me tickets on transit and searching my car for cocaine for some reason, even though ive never even seen cocaine in my life…

:gotme:

:frowning:

Ummm…yeah I was part of it. They called out ALL local companies, had volunteers from organizations and reg sitizens helping. It was not taken lightly. they split people into teams, 1 fireman, 1 emt, and an armed sherif and swat member. So dont say they didint do enough, or “bam” just found her. They searched for hours non stop. Also, if 1 person looked, for 24 hrs…thats 24 hrs. if 2 look, thats 48 hrs. if 10 look, thats 240 etc. Man hours is the amount of time it will take 1 man to do it. If I sell a job and say it will take 24 man hours, that means 3 men do it in an 8 hr day.

right by our shop, the bike path is in our back yard…so messed up, but it is odd the police/search team couldnt find her

Most of the time bodies are not found by the police, at least if it goes past 24 hours. Look at the amount of time they spent looking for Bindics, only to have a hunter stumble across the bones in the woods.

I do find it odd that they called it after 24 hours though. Regardless of how many “man hours” it obviously wasn’t enough if a volunteer groups could continue the search and find her. It’s not like it was some random spot they were searching. She jogged there all the time, and the found her car at the entrance to the path. It was pretty much a guarantee she was there somewhere.

I just don’t think the Police did enough. If this was the case of a Child. It would not only make National Attention, But people wouldn’t “Including the police” Give up for weeks. And if this was the 2nd. murder in clarence, Someone has Major balls to just go out and Kill people and stay to one area. I just hope they catch the peron(s) who did this. Its wrong, And now even worse “From a fathers point of view” How do you explain this to a 4 year old that her mommy is never again coming home.

I just caught the 10pm news and the sheriff was quoted saying it was clearly a homicide (which we all pretty much figured).

I seriously doubt the two murders are at all related:

http://www.wkbw.com/archives.aspx?PageID=LN&StoryID=14824

They think the Lockport guy was done by someone he knew. I bet this latest one turns out to be a random crime of opportunity.

that’s pretty awful :tdown:

The Buffalo News had a big article about it online today. I didn’t realize this:

The body was found 16 years to the day after the body of Linda S. Yalem, a University of Buffalo student, was discovered along a bike path in Amherst.

Yalem, 22, had been raped and strangled.

“We are looking at that coincidence,” Donovan said, adding that a retired sheriff’s investigator who worked on Yalem’s murder and several Amherst Police investigators came to the scene Sunday to discern if there was any connection.

The man who attacked Yalem was linked to attacks on nine other area women between 1986 and 1994. Despite an exhaustive investigation, authorities have not identified the man and have made no arrest.

Probably should start looking at anyone who was arrested about 16 years ago, even if for something completely unrelated, who might have been released recently. If the guy attacked 9 women between 86 and 94 he wouldn’t have just stopped.