Modding 4x4 trucks

Mileage average right now is 14.8. On highway I see 19-20 no problem at 65mph. Anything higher and im around 17-18 highway.

My truck also has the trans cooler upgrade. As for gears I think I got stuck with 3.55 but 3.92 may be installed since 1st owner literally chose every option possible. I just haven’t checked yet.

390/406 is power specs, 2013 is 395/407 iirc. Im not brand loyal when it comes to trucks so I drove everything when searching. Silverado,f150,titan and Silverado ss. 5.3, 5.4, 5.6? And 6.0 all just didnt compare to dodges 5.7. Night and day. Ford had best interior tho.

Sounds like your mileage is right around mine. You may have the 3.92’s…world of differnce to the 3.55’s I have driven both. I am brand loyal only to dodge/chevy i just fucking hate ford trucks and refuse to ever buy a nissan/toyota pickup. I am suprised you feel that the 5.3’s are nutless though! I had two of them and thought they were great! My hemi is def faster and shows better torque but i was never disappointed in either my 2004 or 2008 5.3… I drove an SS silverado hated it thought it was dog slow and owned an SS trailblazer. The 6.0 is just overrated when put in that platform.

Must be 3.92 then. I know its snappy thats for sure.

As for towing, thats only reason I bought a truck. To tow boat, Quads/motorcycles. Oh and to put dogs in the bed so there not inside ruining interior.

Look into the mirrors then bro like i said, they may not really work with the look you’re going for, because they’re somewhat bulky etc… but you could always paint them white i suppose. and they function very well, much better than the regular mirrors imo.

someone like me and you dont even know me??? sounds like you know what your talking about bud.

and lmao

check your vin. that will tell you what gears you have. if truck is original.

there should be a code on the diff too

Pitman i have to admit you’re pretty fucking annoying, and i dont want to know you, BUD. When i say someone like you and me, i mean an average joe who decided to post his .02 cents on the internet. But continue to nit-pick every statement made, you’re worse than a woman.

Oh and “lmao”, “check your vin”, isn’t that “obvious”… moron

i was just about to say that to you.

let me guess your better than me???

no guessing that the guy with same mpg and similar truck has same gearing lmao. that works better than checking the vin

and stop ninja editing your posts

Well I’m glad I beat you to it, and certainly happy that we can both agree on something here. And please do explain why you think I feel I am better than you, I never inferred such a thing. You must feel in some way inferior, otherwise that wouldn’t have come up in this conversation.

Yes I do feel that it’s a safe assumption to guess that two dodge rams that get nearly identical fuel mileage with all similar options could have the same gear ratio; as opposed to personally knowing two other individuals with the same model dodge rams who get identical fuel mileage to each other but fairly different mileage to the original two afformentioned dodge rams, have the other rear gear set option available to the trucks from the factory. No one said it worked better, just that it was a good comparison. But thanks for your input genius.

Ok yes sir! I’ll be sure to proof read them before hitting submit on my posts from now on. Must be an internet crime to edit something after posting and reading it, that’s not why the edit button is there.

Oh and btw post nazi… here’s your edit.

you saying im worse than a women i assumed you feel that you are better than me. or maybe your worse than a women too. lmao

2 dodge trucks everything the same… they make different power, diff mpg, etc. ooo and the drivers are different. you just think cuz you have the same color truck you get the same mpg?

Nah, I don’t seem to take things so personally or literally, that’s typically my gf’s job. I was just making a simple observation and comparison to how you relate to things, not to your being such a swell guy.

My dodge actually isn’t white. Color wouldn’t affect gas mileage…or would it? I guess you would know, you’re the guru on that topic, OBVIOUSLY! Maybe there’s some science to the weight of the color pigment in each paint! You should check on that! I don’t know what I was thinking.

Once again, since reading>you, I feel that it is fairly safe to make this assumption (of course it isn’t science so what would I know)… My dodge and his dodge have nearly identical options and we get identical gas mileage. I happen to know two people at my work that have same year dodges, also identical options to each other, but theirs differ from mine because they have 3.55’s (don’t worry we’re certain on it, we checked the vin #'s) and they also get a different average fuel mileage than I, but the same as each other.

My trucks mpg always drops a few when they come out with the shitty winter blend sometime in October and goes back up in the spring.

I get 12-13 with a lot of city driving lately but got 18.8 on a trip to PA a few weekends ago. Since I don’t drive it to work anymore I just drive around here and that kills the mpg.

Im sure the big tires aren’t going to help either. Ive still got 3.55 gears too.

genius

Are we going to start a Shift Truck Club and take over LVD shows? :rofl

I have a '04 Frontier S/C, with magnaflow exhaust, secondary cats removed, and trifold tonneau currently. Have a smaller pulley for it, just havent installed it yet. Get 19-20mpg most of the time.

3.92 gears. Checked today. Not getting in the middle of the argument about mpg lol

17 second club? We could probably outrun a few Honda’s

i got a truck so im in ill only get about 9 mpg though and it has 3:91gears. or is this only for the trucks that can play in mud?

pitman leave the google button alone your hurting yourself and our iq’s

My truck goes nowhere near mud lol

its physicaly impossible for my truck to go through anything more than a glorified puddle