Modern Muscle might be over

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if it was ever mentioned on here before :rolleyes:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=455013&topart=hybrids

Come pull it from my cold dead hands :slight_smile:

ha. driving without cats is illegal

i believe that speaks for itself on my opinion about this

they could always go to smaller displacement turbo motors that come from the factory very mild but are stupidly easy to retune for full power and by stupid easy I mean like flip a switch or move a jumper and maybe adjust a few things mechanically. no extra parts and something that can be done in less than ten minutes.

in the mid 90s suzuki sold an epa legal enduro dirt bike that came from the factory with a no charge competition kit that put it back to non legal status, but it was on the customer if they changed it and tried to ride it on public land. I can see some automakers going the same way. delivering it in low boost trim and making it stupid easy to up the boost and already have the tune in the computer for the high boost level.

That’s not exactly muscle :slight_smile:

More Cubes!

the law states that the manufactures FLEET must meet a average of 35mpg. The articles make it sound like EVERY car must meet that goal which isn’t true.

So muscle will go no where, if you have 12 cars all getting 25-35mpg and 2 that get 12, you will meet the requirements.

they can suck my dick.

i don’t think its going anywhere…the ls1’s out of the factory were getting 28+ MPG straight from the factory

you can skew mpg numbers to comeout the way you like. so many things have an affect on it. tire presure, climate, topography, driving habits…etc…

I would give up my “gasoline” cars anyday for a diesel that makes comparable power and gets better gas mileage. I would even give up the gas car for a hybrid that is just as fast as the cars are currently but gets better gas mileage.

And in a few years if the hybrid technology gets better, it’s good for everyone. The people that keep gas cars will probably see a reduction in gas prices and the new cars will get much better mileage, it’s a win win for everyone. My next new car will most definately be a hybrid of some sort, if they make something big that can fit my family and is not a suv or minivan.

Don’t really care what happens with daily drivers…

If gasoline goes away (yeah, right) we can all just switch to E85!

It’z the 70’s all over again…:doh:

Start hoardin’ them LQ4 blocks now!

How can a diesel get better gas mileage ???

Noob

I think he means fuel milage

x2

humm could the MFG’s just get taxed and pass that price on to the consumer for not meeting the standards?

The window sticker on my goat shows a $2,xxx gas guzzler tax on it.

WTF? i dont understand why america has to put their citizens under such extreme conditions to save the planet when we are the only country that does anything about it. There are several countries over seas that pollute far more than us that dont give to fucks about the air because “america is making up for their mistakes”. Fuck greenpeace and global warming. The earth is getting warmer, but its not from cow farts or my exhaust.

my nigga :bigthumb:

what about when the price of corn starts to affect everything… live stock all eat corn… it will cause beef and milk to go up… look in ur pantry and see how many products have corn sucrose in them… it takes a lot of corn to make ethanol… i see ur point and its taken but what about the big picture? its sorta like Giant Eagle… ur think they give gas away for free? no… they offset it by having higher prices. if corn gets used more for fuel it will jack up the price to livestock farmers and in turn raise the price of other things.

i dont eat corn. it scares me. and it ends up in my poop. its like “HAHA bitch! u tried eating me, but i survied ur insides and ill be back again!!! im indestructible!!!”