Monitor purchasing help

Ok so I’m getting sick of the 17" CRT sitting on my desk and I want to upgrade. I’m looking to get either buy a 17" or 19" LCD monitor. It’ll save a hell of a lot more room on my desk that I need and well… look more modern :lol:

The help I need is figuring out which brands and specs are good or at least halfway decent. I have no clue what contrast ratio and pixel pitch are. Any help you could give me would be fantastico.

AQR has a hook up on moniters

How much are you looking to spend? 200? 300? 500? It makes a difference in the quality you will get. Also, if you want to watch movies, play games, etc. you will need a higher end monitor that has a better response time.

Pixel Pitch = distance between pixels.Lower the better.
Contrast ratio is the ratio of darkness to brightness,higher the better.

Specs are not that important on LCD’s,I’d focus more on reviews than specs.It might look good on paper,but to your eyes it might look like crap.Looking for one with a fast response time is important if you play games.

Dell,Samsung,viewsonic = the only brands i’d buy.Wait until next friday to get one,there will be some good deals (www.newegg.com) or even in the stores.For a good LCD your looking at $250 for a 17in and $300 for 19in.

^^The one I will probably get.

Great… I was actually looking at that exact monitor on newegg lol Thanks!

Go to compUSA and look at the monitors on display. Take a good look at teh Sony’s with the XBrite coating… they look REALLY REALLY good. The aquarium screen saver demo they are running almost looks real… really sweet monitors.

NEC monitors are god’s balls

www.newegg.com > *