Monticello Track day?

For those who are interested. :tongue

Club: Sportbike Track Time
Track: Monticello
Dates: September 6 & 7 (Labor Day Weekend)
Fees: $175 or $185 + $35 membership
Travel: Can ride there easy, 110 miles I-87 South.
Track Day Policies & Procedures & Requirements: >>Here<<

Bike Preparation
1) All bikes MUST pass technical inspection prior to admittance to the track. If your bike DOES NOT pass tech inspection, you will NOT receive a refund.
2) Tires and brakes must be in good condition. Tires should be at least 75% of new condition. Any tires that are bluing from excessive wear will be disallowed. Slicks are allowed in 85% plus condition. We will have on site tire service at each track day, so if your tires don’t pass, you will have the opportunity to put on replacement tires to pass tech.
3) All glass, headlight, turn signals, and plastic lenses must be taped over or removed. Side mirrors must be removed for the advanced group and at least taped over for all other groups.
4) We recommend, but do not require removal of center stands. No bikes with center stands will be allowed in the Advanced/Racer Group due to the ground clearance issue.
5) All machines must have an operational handlebar mounted kill switch/button and self-closing throttle in good working condition.
6) Advanced and Intermediate group riders MUST use water or water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. NO AUTOMOTIVE ETHYL GLYCOL BASED COOLANTS ARE ALLOWED.
7) All valve stems must have caps.
8) Wheel balance weights must be well-secured.
9) License plates must have bolts taped or be removed.
10) Added for 2009 season: Advanced riders are required to safety wire drain plugs and oil fil caps if possible. Minimum requirement is RTV silicone on both. We highly suggest securing the oil filter as well. NOTE: If you spill oil on the track your day is over. back to top
Rider Gear Requirements (No, shorts and flip flops won’t cut it…)
1) Damage free BSI, DOT or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield.
2) Riding boots that fully cover the ankle.
3) Gauntlet style gloves with full wrist coverage.
4) One or two piece leathers. Two piece leather suits must zip together for Novice, Intermediate or Advanced groups. Ballistic nylon suits such as Joe Rocket, AeroStitch etc. are acceptable in the Novice and Intermediate Group only provided they are either one piece or two piece that zip together with 50% zipper contact, reinforced and padded shoulders, elbows, hips, and knee areas. No chaps.

You’re a bad influence on my wallet :facepalm

:rofl:rofl:rofl Just throwing the idea out there.

If I am going, I will probably reg for Novice group since it is a new track and I am still getting use to my bike. TTD & LAPS will have NHIS event at the end of Sept, that might work out better money-wise.

I’m being slammed right now financialy and depending how things go may not be able to attend any more events this year, contrary to my hopes, tuition didn’t get any cheaper this year =(

You’re a Bastard now too Aaron.

:rockon :lol

I am actually thinking of doing this -> www.gopolen.com

How’s 1 on 1 coaching by a 2 time WSBK and AMA champion sound? :excited. They are doing a school at the same STT event at Montecillo.

I’m deff interested in this.

To be honest, Polen’s school might already be full. He only takes 6 students per event. May be I will give them a call tomorrow just for shits and giggle.

Sorry, I meant the actual trackday, not the class.

A~HA! :thumbup

Checked my accounts and I didn’t see a “,” in it, so I’m definitely no go, especially since I’m still looking for a property.

It may be the case for the September event as well.

Have fun fellas.

i aint gonna even consider this until i have 5 digits in the bank

All you need is an extra $200…:tongue

Plus a grand for gear.

What?

My suit, boots and gloves combined cost around $500. I can see throwing in a set of new tires will bump it up to around $1k. :ponder