More bang for you buck!

i don’t know how many people read the whole thing but at the end where he says to fill when you’re at a 1/2 tank doesn’t really seem to make sense in terms of making a difference.

if you run at a 1/2 tank max and are always at least 1/2 tank empty, i’m pretty sure the savings in weight should be comparable to the savings you’d get filling a full tank to avoid evaporation. so in my opinion, running 1/2 tank or full tank over the span of a 1/2 tank usage will really not make a difference, even minute.

Fuck, everyone is freaking out because of gas prices. If you can’t afford gas get a fucking Smart car, or just deal with it. Additives and little tricks don’t work, get over it.

Cars cost money. If you don’t have money, don’t own a car.

And yes, 95% of what the OP posted is either bullshit, wrong, or just regular old stupid.

great information and thank you. application of this is specific and up to the individual of course but at least now we know

Just get a Job that pays for your gas

Problem Solved

geez they guy just thought he would pass on the word. does it matter if it works or not? let em try it. if you know it doesn’t work don’t do it. if it doesn;t work. then thats only an extra 2 minutes outta ur life. care…

so true skinny…some people.lol. what i get for tryin to spread the word.

I’m only going to fill gas up at 3am from now on.

fuck it… best gas for cash saving tecqnique is one of those flat marine gas cans for $35, and a cordless drill for $20. free gas for life:)

Winner.

The person who wrote this said they live in California…where they don’t have this system (I’m not just talking about the Celsius part). Canadian gas companies aren’t stupid, they know that during the winter you’ll technically get more gas for less, so the pumps are inspected occasionally to make sure that they are pumping the right amount of fuel. I’m pretty sure the pumps generally have an inspection sticker right on them.

i feel ya. believe me i do. some people are just fucked up.:/:

hey this is a decent topic but i don’t believe all of it. The saving will be minimal. i did hear on the news a while back that full tank fill will really minimize fuel lost since your releasing vapors ever 20$ when you fill. A few dollars to me a fill up adds up over a year. If you want real savings, change your mood and take out extra weight. Get ride of your girlfriends friends. LMAO. NO RIDE A LONGS.

They say that you can control up to 30% fuel economy just do with your mood. Ive tried it and its true. When your pissy, you tend to drive faster and accelerate more which uses more fuel.

About the weight, for every 20 pounds you take out of the car, you will save 1 mgp in fuel. That can make the difference of making the gas station when you run out. it adds up quick if you remove the spare and any luxurys that are not needed. AKA Back seats in the 240sx’s.

Sorry man, but that math can not be right. 20lbs is an insignificant amount and I do not beleive it will yeild 1 mpg.

^^ exactly

usually cars get 17-30mpg depending on vehicle and if its highway/city

so according to the calculations of jacktherabbit, if you take out 600lbs you double your MPG?

wednesday night seems to be the time for me… generally the prices level out between the weekends when they throw the extra gouge into the price.

Yeah, Wednesday night for sure. I filled up for $1.20 Wednesday and Thursday morning it was $1.28… thats usually the case

Sorry correction. i heard of the weight a while ago and for got, but found a quote that actually tells you the change. “An extra 100 pounds increases fuel consumption by 1-2%.”

check out… http://www.wikihow.com/Increase-Fuel-Mileage-on-a-Car

Thanks for challenging me

I hear what you’re saying BUT it’s incorrect information especially since our gas distribution model is different from the OP’s quoted author.

I’d understand if the OP put a caveat: “I don’t know if this is true for Canada BUT, maybe you’ll find this article usefull.”

Regardless, I don’t feel bad for the OP and I don’t care that he got flamed. The OP blindly believes his post is truth and now feels victimized by the people with enough common sense to realise the half truth’s in the article. He should of at least googled the article before posting…

Let this be a lesson learned, don’t believe everything you read without researching yourself.

How do you know you saved $0.10/L? Sorry, I 'm not being facetious but am truely curious.

$0.10/L is nothing to balk at especially when I go through 80L every week amounting to $8/week or $416/year in savings. Ultimatly it means I could of purchased an ebc or tools, or beer, etc.

yeah thats a huge saving. 416 is almost two kegs. with all these saving. someone should have a son kegger.
just throwing that out there