More F-Bod Problems

Well I ran into another problem with the car yesterday…driving in the rain and the whole street is flooded and there is no where to go…splash!!! take the car through the puddle and all of a sudden hiccup hiccup and the SES light goes on…car runs like shit studders between 1k to 2k…I have new plugs and wires ready to install…Im probably going to pick up a new opti-spark as well…anyone have a datalogger thing to pull the code for me…I think I shorted an o2 sensor or o2 simulator while driving through the puddle…any help would be much appreciated!!!

Wouldn’t a bad o2 sensor just cause the car to run more rich as a safety procaution though to not lean out the motor?

I’d check ignition parts and make sure they are dry…

check your K&N make sure that didn’t get submerged.

optispark BLAH…how i remember those nightmares.
save your self future trouble and get the MSD one.

i will almost garentee that the ses light came on due to an opti related code
you probly got the opti wet. well any lt41 owner can tell you wet=bad
so it is best that you pick up a new opti. i just put in a new accel unit they can be found for a great price ($170-200) and it seemed like a very nice piece.

take 8 plugs out and and crank the motor then new plugs and wires. its a lt1 so maybe a opti to

i would take 7 out. but thats just me.

:slight_smile:

yup, sounds like the wonderful opti-wet problem…

Since I already have new plugs and wires…I might as well do the opti-spark as well

you soaked the opti. I wouldnt do anything to the car for 24 hrs, most of the time it clears itself out. if not then replace the opti, dont chase any other problem down bc that is what it is.

shouldve listened to uncle mike…

If your Opti got wet at all, I bet it’s fried

Opti and water together is like calling a black person a Nigga and not expecting to be shot.

No offense to anyone :gotme:

its not fried he just has to wait 24 hours or soo till it dries out

:word: x38469256836208234569

your gonna pay 300$ for a new one…u might as well spend the xtra 200$ and get the MSD Pro Billet Distributer and never have to worry again.

Plus there is an adjustible timing screw right on it too :tup:

See how it goes Jeff…let it dry out real good and see what happens. I’m not sure I trust those MSD optis just yet either though. If you need some help with it let me know.

Im not going to spend $500 on the MSD unit when I can pick up an Accell replacement for $200…Ive read nothing to warrant an extra $300 on the MSD unit other than the timing feature.