FBOD Help Needed Inside

Here’s the story…drove the car to the beach and back with no problems on Saturday…Car sits all day Sunday until I decide to put on my exhaust clamps before heading to Taffy’s…start the car up and Im on my way…give it a little gas and nothing seems like im driving a V6…lol…stop at my buddies house to do a little diagnosis…evrything looks fine under the hood…drive up to Taffy’s 1st, Second, and Third Gear all have hesitation and no power when gas is applied. After me and the lady friend finished our milkshakes and stopped drooling at the hot FD we left and the Service Engine Soon light pops on the way home. The car is also backfiring like a Mtha FCKA but I think thats just because of the exhaust finally being clamped down.

My guess is either the optispark went or maybe bad wires???

might be a bad O2

Sounds like a bad O2 sensor…

Get the code pulled.

that happened on my car it ended up being a coil pack

So you touched the exhuast and now have problems? Check the O2 senso as said above.

After I installed my long tubes I never clamped the exhaust…I finally ordered my band clamps from summit so I put them on last night…the service engine soon light went off but the car still runs like shit…I’ll check the wires and O2 sensors before pulling out the opti…could this be fuel related???

I assume you don’t have an OTVC wire kit so I would definitely check for burned wires. Also keep checking your header bolts because they sometimes back out. Both things happened to me so I got the OTVC kit and some Breslin locking header bolts. The backfiring is just a commonality for an LT1 without any converters.

take it back…

MAF?? … thats what happens on stangs when there is a serious air leak between the MAF and T-Body

No burnt wires…header bolts were re-tightened today…i’ll check the MAF tommorrow…i’m probably going to order new 02 sensors and wires within the next couple of days.

If you had an exhaust leak near the collector you get fresh air washing back over the O2 causing the car to run rich and toast your O2 sensor…

you just got headers put on, It more than likly bad O2s, bad 02s make the car run rich or lean and it’ll pop and back fire and lose power…etc… you may need to clean your plugs too if that is the problem.
last summer on a friend of mines lt1, he had horrible mis firing and back firing problems within a week of header install, we got new 02s, new plugs and wires just for hell of it and its been running good since.

Plugs are brand new so I’m leaning towards o2 sensors and wires

just do the O2s and you should be fine, try and stay away from bosch though.
btw what type of headers u got?

Pacesetter Long Tubes w/ Off Road Y into 3 inch Magnaflow Catback…Summit has NGK o2 sensors @ like $35 a piece

overnight them bitches, those are coated I’m assuming if you got 02 problems, but than again they just might be bad anyway

Fuck the coated PaceSetters…they suck and definately not worth the extra $125…when I do my heads this winter im going to get the long tubes powder coated

:lol: ok then… let us know when its fixed
how many miles on the 02s and opti, both still original?

Not sure…I still haven’t e-mailed the kid I bought the car off of…whats so funny powdercoating wont hold up against the heat???

no laughing about u saying, fuck coated headers :gotme:

powder coating the headers however, beats me. I just got coated headers for car :gotme: