ses, then shut off randomly...

so i was just driving my ss/sc and i had to go threw this construction area 2 times in a matter of 5mins. there was some crazy dust they were blowin all around and after i went through it, my ses light came on, then dash read ‘engine power reduced’, then ‘engine disabled’ and i rolled to a stop. i let it sit for a couple, checked everything over, then fired it up and is running fine again. so i have an injen intake and other than that all stock. did too much dirt just hit a sensor then? anything to look out for?

damn, that ain’t good. good luck finding the issue.

Possible some dust came across like the IAT sensor or something and the computer shut it down so it didn’t get sucked into the IM…

But who knows, I could just be talking out of my ass.

you could be, but that would be my guess too… if that is the case hopefully it stopped before sucking dust, not after…

it was crazy . they were blowin somethin all over the road and it was right onto my car. then once i went through wendys drivethorugh, i had to go right back through it again. so that was my guess, i dunno. everything looks good, under the hood. the car is now running fine again (hopefully stays that way). i cant think of what else it could be. i know these cars have crazy computers and its easy to trip the ses…but i also know that they are known for crazy electrical problems (espec 05s, which is what i have)

do those have mafs?

yes

i’d guess the air temp sensor is like… i dunno past the stupidcharger and in the manifold or somewhere like that? and that the maf is teh first line of defense with sucking in dust and shit like that? just a thought…

would the fact that i have an open fender-well intake (injen) matter? im sure dust is gettin to the filter easier, but wouldnt the filter be able to shield all that dust?..therefore it wouldnt even be gettin to the maf? i dunno. it was an insane amount they were blowing but still, seems weird that it would be trippin somethin.

wtf? I’ve never heard of anything like that

update. i put about 50 miles on the thing since that happened this afternoon. ses light is off, car is running normal/perfect. im thinking it has some kind of safety feature that detected it sucking in a mass amount of dirt/lack of air…but if that sounds ridiculous, then id like to hear what you guys think. im tellin you, these motherfuckers were like sand blasting the road and i was right next to it twice and i was pretty jacked about it.

I’m going with everyone elses assumption, your car is still under warranty right? If it happens again let GM deal with the headache

just had a bad air intake air reading!

ok, did it again. had it scanned and the code was
P0601 Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM) -PCM

so now what?

you got a warranty? if not I do believe the PCM is covered under the 8/80,000 federal emissions warranty

Ive ran into this code alot on Chryslers. Most times its a Faulty PCM.

its up.

so can i just pay to have the dealer re-flash it or something, or is it more involved that that?

reflash may do the trick.

if they try and reflash and the PCM doesnt take it, the PCM is deadmeat

what am i lookin at, pricewise? for both instances? and does a dealer have to do this?

:blue:

can you get a mail order tune for your car? If so I would send your stocker out as the core.