mosport alms

If you are there, f u.

If not, race starts now on speed chan. Looks to be a great one.

one of the guys i worked with asked me to go he had free tickets. I didn’t think there was anything big going on though??

Its not the 24H of lam’s is it!!! I asked him and he said it was just a small event!!

no…le mans is in france. its just like a 2 hour race

i was watching it yesterday it was good, i love gt racing

I am pritty sure they have a le mans here as well no? 2hrs race still would of been cool to see. I haven’t seen a track all year :frowning:

The race was amazing along with the Speed GT and Touring Races as well as other smaller stuff. The ALMS race was 2.5 hours (15 minutes were taken off to respect the gasoline shortage in the States).

If you’ve never been, plan on going next time. You camp right next to the track wherever you want and can drink anywhere on the grounds. I’ll see if I can get some Turn 5 footage posted.

I was there too, it was fun all day long.
Speed World Challenge race was cool, sat at the end of the back straight.
Honda/Michelin Series race was cool and funny, like a swarm of slow hornets buzzing around the track. Sat between turns 2 and 3.
The ALMS race was SOOOOOOOOOO LOUD, it was so awesome at the same time. Sat at turn 4 for a while, then moved to turn 5, then moved to the start/finish area.
One of the prototype cars (LMP2) was rotary powered, and it was the most insane sound I have ever heard, I loved it.
I think the LMP2 winner was Infinity (nissan) powered, but not 100% sure.

Definitly want to go back next year and camp.

Ya, the one civic spun out three times at Turn 2 and got the biggest cheer from the crowds after the race (even though he finished dead last).

The best experience of the weekend was listening to the ALMS GT2 Porsches downshifting into Turn 5 while standing on the pathway in the valley at the approach.