Mosport Pics

F that! When I pay $600 for a track event and some dumb bit(h puts daddies Carerra into a rail, I don’t care who the F your dad is, if he’s the club president, I lost a session. Learn how to not put a car into a guardrail on a STRAIGHT!!!

a little debris on track dosent fix the fact that you were off line and too Hott into the corner. I have the in car video. (somewhere). its not nascar. Ive put two on the grass at dunville and it is a rough transition. but it is no were as messy as a concrete barrier or a guard rail like mosport or watkins glen has.

On the track organizers side. I can see them scolding people for putting tires off. They are trying to keep things safe and keep their insurance rates low. ask the SCCA guys what batavia Kart track costs when someone spins through the infeild. Track owners are business people and are out to make money anyway they can.

Most “serious” track incidents can take at least 30 minutes to clean up. and track days dont usually have a full staffed road crew to pick up the pieces like a race weekend.

yah the glen is not very forgiving. i heard they do bike trackdays there too, I would be a bit nervous about that. def love it in a car though

man i love the look of the new evo

At properly run DE events, if someone (guy OR girl, Civic OR Carerra) puts it into a wall, then everyone gets black flagged to come in, end of story. It’s for EVERYONE’S safety. Track representatives have to go out and find out if there was something on the track that caused the incident, if it was drivers error, mechanical failure, whatever. They also have to properly clean the course for you so that you don’t hit a nice patch of coolant and go eating the wall as well. Not to mention the load of documentation that has to occur. Let’s not forget the safety of the course workers who put their lives in a risky place by being out there to help in the first place. The least you can do is pull it in for a session and give everyone the proper time to verify that everything is safe for you, and everyone else, as you continue the event.

As someone who is not a professional track driver, but appreciates the danger and the pay-to-play nature, I understand the necessity of down time in such an incident. If you can’t afford to lose one session for the safety of everyone after a crash, then you shouldn’t go. Or, if really bothers you that much, rent the track for yourself so you don’t risk losing time due to someone else’s accident.

Wow that stook is fucked.