Mosport GP Track Day

Mosport GP - Friday, May 28, 2010

2010 sounds like it’s a long way off, but it’ll be here before some of us have our cars prepared and ready for the track. And what better way to spend the winter than dreaming of your next track day (well, unless you’re an ice racer!). There will be three groups with about 22 cars each - 20 minutes on track/40 minutes off. $325 for the full day includes lunch. Drivers new to MIR must sign up for a coach - $100 extra. Drivers must apply and provide a track driving history. For more details go to:
Mosport May 28, 2009 or PM me. http://www.frankewald.com/mir
Regards,
Frank

SoloSprint #259
Pit Crew for Katie #258

nice … something to work toward, this winter.

Link not working Frank.

Ill be there!!!

Link seems ok for me…

WOW def wana come for that

I’ll be there!

1:23s!!!

GT-R will be ready…currently making over 500whp but there is more left in her for the next tune.

Plus I’ll have some new 10.5-inch rollers and some Hoosiers :-p

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/Z-Tuned/rpf1.jpg

I’ll be there with the updated beast, coming for ya conky…

Would definitely like to put it on my calender… however I think I’m going to be at the Glen with Niagara PCA the 24th and 25th… grrr. I want to get up to MoSport.

We’re going to try and have our car running well for this. Hoping to get all the bugs worked out before we get there.

http://i38.tinypic.com/30xfxgh.jpg

My dad used to race Mosport “Back-in-the-day” with his 240z and also in Formula Ford.
He says corner 2 is something of a challenge, and you just have to have faith that the corner is just over the hill

I forwarded this for Frank, I will be there, I know Jim and Conky have been part of Franks days before.

YOU HAVE TO REGISTER with Frank. Read his rules, they are important and enforced.

Sasha, look forward to seeing you there testing for the upcoming season.

Anyone not having Mosport experiance, read the rules, there are only 10 coached spots available. A coach is nessasary for your and the other participants safety for the day.

Thanks Scott

Thanks for posting this up, Scott. I’m looking forward to having a good crew of Nissan’s out. Last year a couple of GT-Rs (one RHD one LHD), some great 240s (S & Z bodies), Sentras and a couple of NXs.
Sasha’s going for 1:23. Love hearing Jim and Conky in the pit and on the track. 50Sentra, it’ll be good to have you back. Hope your dad can come too.

This is a lapping day with designated passing zones, appropriate safety rules (helmets mandatory, convertibles must have a roll bar extending 2" above the helmet, etc.). Professional marshals from MMS, ambulance on site, flat bed on site. This is a serious track and when you apply you need to provide your track history. If you’ve got flat track experience but new to Mosport, you must sign up for a coach. See their bio’s on my website - topnotch guys. Even if you’re experienced, you may want to sign up for a coach to help you improve your technique.

The link should work - hit your reset button if it doesn’t. Or try the link in my signature.
Enjoy,
Frank

Your not the only one ‘updating’ their beast!!! :slight_smile: And im not talking about horespower…Rotary will always win that battle!!

Sasha…1:23’s??? Our footage wont be nearly as good if your out of view!!

Ok, I withdraw my statement…. on second thought maybe we should gang up on the 500 whp GTR….

Haha…I dunno…i read somewhere that the GTR ran low 1:30’s :slight_smile:

I have a feeling that this is gonna be a sweet season opener!!

WOW!! 1:30’s, I’m out…I can’t go that fast, i hope i don’t get in his way.

Jim once I am settled in the new shop we will do the secret changes for 1:28’s :smiley:

Lol…nice, I’ll be there…we’ll have to do a few beers first.

WooHoo! Scott, I’m coming to the new shop for some secret changes too!:cool:
My SG engine tuned/Can-Alignment suspension tuned NX1600 will be ready for a 1:46. Whether that’s within my driving grasp or not remains to be seen.

If you’re concerned about the speeds some of these guys are talking about, they’re in a different group than you will be in. If you have track experience, the groups allow for experience and car capability. That is why the application requires a history of track experience.

I’ll be there with my beast too :slight_smile:

thewird