Mosport GP Track Day

I’m starting to think 1.23s might be a bit too hopeful. 1.24s for sure!? lol!

Just try and stay in the draft of the black rx7 and you should have no problem doing low/mid 1:23’s…

Sasha, that 1:24 your aiming for with your 350z? When I was following you at Shannonville, I realized the difference between my car and a properly set-up race car. Following you exactly in corners, as soon as you hit apex, your car was powering out of the corner planted to the ground while mine was going sideways following the exact same line with slightly less speed. The only reason I could keep up was because of the power difference but I’m glad I was able to for those few laps. I learned a lot about what my car is lacking and am hoping to fix it next summer although I’m not sure yet how I’m going to go about it as my suspension doesn’t have any adjust-ability besides the dampening.

Look forward to seeing you run at Mosport :). Hopefully I could keep up but if your aiming for 1:24’s that’s way out of my league hehe.

thewird

i just bought the exact same set lol but mine will be going a different color hopefully either white or silver yellow again.

Argh, why do you guys have to talk about Mosport already? The snow just fell and I’m going nuts with only Forza 3 as an outlet.

I haven’t tracked it since the new turbos & tune, it sucks!

heh at the time i wanted the black ones they didnt have them in all the sizes that are available now :slight_smile: I ended up with the SBC plating. I love my rpf1s though… great wheel… great price… great apperance.

And I hate snow too :frowning:

Get iracing and play Mosport all day long!

The key to getting a RWD car to work is to have the dampers, alignment, and roll rate setup to get the car to turn in aggressively but then squat and go neutral-understeer on throttle. If your car steps on the lightest of throttle pickup then there is HUGE time to be gained for sure!

Being too loose feels fast for sure, but if you can’t accelerate right at the apex then you’re leaving tons on the table. Let me know if we can help at all, sometimes a change in aero or springs/bars can make a huge difference, and you can make up for it with more rear brake bias or alignment settings.

Iracing has Mosport now? I did not know that because I wrote an article on them but at the time they only had a few tracks and nine cars. I don’t have a gaming rig just a laptop but I got seat time at SEMA running Laguna iracing is badass.

Yes, Mosport has been out for maybe 6 weeks or so now, I live for that shit.

There are a ton more cars and tracks now, Road Atlanta, Road America, Laguna, Infenion, Lime Rock, Mosport they are even working on awesome Aussie tracks!

Cars; Vette ALMS GT1 car, Dallara IRL car

so so sick

thats pretty sick lol

Anyone tried Race2Play? They are the other big racing sim way more cars and tracks and it is marshalled by NASA. I’m going to pass on getting geared up for a sim though I have an addiction problem with video games LOL.

But I really wanna get some seat time at Mosport in the off season.

Are you into world of warcraft?? Thats when you know you have a problem.

Naw wow is not my thing. Mostly network shooters and racing games. I just bought an Xbox only for Forza 3!!!

I just got COD modern warfare 2 for ps3 and I’ll probably be single and unemployed soon.

17 of 56 spots have already been purchased. Your name does not get added to the driver’s list until a deposit has been made (full payment is also accepted:D). It’s only 139 days away. Check out the link in my signature for more information. If you’re new to Mosport but have lapping experience, there 8 coached spots available. Check the link - they’re all excellent.
Frank

I have driven Mosport once before, full lapping day. And have done a few lapping days on other local tracks, and a lot more drift days. This means i can sign up as an experienced driver?

PM sent.
Frank

There are over 20 registered already, make sure if you plan to attend you get on the list.

especially the ones who will be in novice, these spots are taken quickly

36 paid and filled//20 openings.

I have received a lot of email and PMs about interest, however, your name doesn’t go on the list until funds are submitted. There are still a few coached spots available.
Looking forward to talking to you.

2G-Money, check your PM.
Thanks.

BTW - less than 10 spaces available.

This event is now sold out.
Thank you for your interest. There are going to be some nice Nissans/Datsuns on the track.
Frank