motherboard help needed

My primary computer is an Emachine w2888. I know its crappy but it works for me (well it did). When i hooked it back up yesterday after moving, it wont power on. I push the power button and nothing happens at all. I really dont know much about computers but im thinking its probally the motherboard. My question is, how do i go about buying a new one. I have no clue what will work and what will not. The Emachine site gives these specs for the computer.
celeron 2.80 ghz
400 mhz fsb
128 kb L2 cache
845gu chipset

The computer also has a gig of pc2700 ddr memory, so i would like a board that can support that. The board that is in my computer does not have a pci-e or agp slot so i am kind of limited on upgrading my video. I am hoping the new board would have either one of those. I am looking for something fairly cheap and something i can get shipped to me pretty quick. What kind of board should i be looking for? Any suggestions on a good deal?

One more question. what does that 845gu chipset mean? I found some boards that have 845??. Will anything with a 845 chipset work or does it have to be 845gu? PLEASE HELP ASAP. I ONLY HAVE ACCESS TO THIS OTHER COMPUTER TILL TOMMOROW NIGHT, AND WOULD LIKE MY PARTS ORDERD BY THEN.

test your powersupply to make sure its not that. make sure you flip the powersupply switch to the on position too.

:lol: Emachine…

A bunch of those came with bad power supplys…that fuck up…fry the motherboard and the power supply burns out at the same time.

How do i test my power supply? The light on the motherboard is lit up, so its getting power. Theres a switch on the power supply? Where? The only switch i see is 115/230.

My computer has been good to me, till now. I bought it 2-3 years ago of a crackhead for $130, a sheet pizza, and a bucket of wings. At that time it was still selling for $599 at wal-mart. I have never had one problem till now.

well if the computer wont power up at all when you press the power button then i would assume the motherboard last. i would check all your connections first, make sure that the power is plugged in snugly at both ends. if that does not help i would look at the Power Supply next, find someone with a tester and make sure it still works. if that does not work then look at the motherboard, make sure that all your cards a plugged in snugly and that all the wires are secure, any short will cause the computer to not power up as well. if all fails then look into getting a new board.

Everything is snug. Computer worked downstairs, moved it upstairs and now it dosent work at all. I took the power supply out and hooked it up to this computer and it worked fine. It must be the motherboard. Can i just buy any motherboard that has the 478 pin set?

most likely.

I’m pretty sure your looking for something like that.